12 x 16 backyard workshop

Started by Mike 870, November 18, 2011, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Roby

Very nice shed!

I am also itching to build my dream cabin.  Finances are not quite there yet.  Missed out on a great parcel of land last summer (bidding war).  A friend of mine has land and a mobile home that has fallen to pieces.  He wants me to help him build a small cabin this summer - and I thought it would be good practice for when I get my own land.  You obviously got a really nice shed out of the this "practice" build, but do you feel that it was worth the effort rather than diving in to your cabin build?  I would imagine you learned a lot...  and may actually build things a bit differently now that you have this extra experience?

Mike 870

Hi Adam,

For me I think it was worth it, but it probably depends on what type of person you are.  Some people are ok with just having a place to have fun in.  Small imperfections and maybe some building faux pas aren't going to bother them.  It's about the experiences in that structure later on.  I enjoy the process of building and seeing my idea take shape so building an extra shed was great.  I wanted to practice certain things, test ideas, see how things scale etc and get experience framing and pounding nails etc.  I could be perfectly content to build shed after shed or cabin after cabin forever if finances allowed.

Mike 870

Leaving for the closing soon... very excited!

rick91351

Quote from: Mike 870 on March 20, 2014, 07:26:29 AM
Leaving for the closing soon... very excited!

[cool]

BTW the shed turned out very well.  It shows it can be done with style and good looks.....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Mike 870