I Caucused today!

Started by StinkerBell, February 09, 2008, 08:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I caucused today!

I am now a delegate to go to our county caucus. It is a tad confusing. Went 20 miles to day to caucus, met a lovely man and wife. They live 3 doors down from me. I kept thinking they looked familiar.

StinkerBell

BTW

First time I have ever done it.

Sassy

What was involved, StinkerBell?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

StinkerBell

Well, we voted on some volunteer positions for the party. Had no idea who these people are.

Then I got together with those in my specific precinct and we took a survey and discussed the questions/survey given. Why we feel the way we do...Then we shared on who we picked for the party, once again sharing. It was nice. Have good discussion with others even if we disagree and allowed to tell why we went with our choice. Then I got voted so to speak to become a delegate for the county election. That is rather confusing all the steps and seems imo a waste of energy. I am sure I am missing something in this process.

MountainDon

The caucus process seems to be more involved than plain casting a vote.  ???

Of course NM makes even a simple voting process daunting. It's embarassing; the count from Super Tuesday's Dem primary still has not been completed.  d* d*
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

tanya

I caucased on Saturday and I am a county delegate too.  It was pretty easy going and my town is small so it went relatively fast.  I am looking forward to the county convention it should be fun and I tell people now they know a real politician, are county delagets real politicans? 
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

StinkerBell

Not sure what party you caucused with, but did you have to fill out a survey form on what items are important to your party?

Oh and on a side note, I think I need to declare this. I am not loyal to any party, I vote my conscience. I will not be a sheep. Ok I feel better.

glenn kangiser

Cool Stink.  Will you be a goat?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 10, 2008, 09:55:23 PM
did you have to fill out a survey form on what items are important to your party?

Do they ask that to make sure you conform? What would happen if, say you were a registered Dem, and you answered like a Libertarian, or a Republican? Would you get banned? 

Did you tell the truth?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

fishing_guy

Quote from: MountainDon on February 11, 2008, 01:38:19 AM

Did you tell the truth?

Come on now Don...

Think a bit...

Tayna is now a "real" politician...

;D
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

tanya

Hey, I told the truth but nothing says I can't change my mind!!!  I don't really think my precint knew jsut how easily I change my mind but I will honor thier votes of course.  I also made sure the alternate is going to that county convention just in case I get mad at my party before then.  I can be rather sensative. 
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

StinkerBell

Funny thing Glenn, on the other sites I hang out on (you kinda know the ones) I have been accused of being a goat....I am not as legalistic as soe believe I should be.

StinkerBell

I said I would be a county delegate and I will. BUT, let me say this. If my party does not step up and count all the votes correctly I will find another group. I will let them know. Was interesting to see Dr Ron Paul get a good chunk of votes.

Erin

For primary, our precint and county were one and the same.  ;)
We caucused on Saturday.  It was really nothing more than finding a chair near the sign that named your candidate.  No survey, nothing.  We *did* vote for caucus chair and that kind of thing, but that was it.
So far as I know, this is the first year Nebraska has ever caucused...
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

Redoverfarm

Only in America ...do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'

glenn kangiser

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 11, 2008, 02:04:13 PM
Funny thing Glenn, on the other sites I hang out on (you kinda know the ones) I have been accused of being a goat....I am not as legalistic as soe believe I should be.

I was afraid of that, Stink.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

soe=those

I really need to reread before I hit send. :heh

glenn kangiser

I have to re-read mine and correct a few times - even with the spell checker.