Northern MI Homestead

Started by NorthernMich, April 06, 2007, 06:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

more garage, door boxed in for future greenhouse (spring summer)  wood storage fall winter

NorthernMich

This month is also finish wood stove in garage month....waiting on the right size flashing 10/12 but actually fits well on 6 inch, last one was goofy, ordered 8 inch flashing, go figure

NorthernMich

Stoves in, set the blocks under the feet, triple screw each joint of the black pipe and light er up :)

Sassy

What's the size of your build?  Looks like you are moving along pretty quickly.  Looking forward to seeing more pictures, you know we love pictures  :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

Cool, Northernmich.   ICF's should do great up there.  My cousin builds lots of them.

The big concrete pumpers are fun to watch... likely not as fun to pay for though.  :)

I have worked on one major one and one minor one as I recall.  I did all of the steel for a big hospital office building  and just minor work on a residential ICF job on another project.  Thanks for posting.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NorthernMich

chalet 28 x 44

sunroom 12 x 16

loft in back

deck

walkout basement

NorthernMich

spring's coming, this goes in/on next

http://www.buildblock.com/products/waterproofing/DMX.asp

more pics from last fall

pole barn in background :)

Redoverfarm

Should make a good dry basement.  Sure beats the old asphalt roof coating material.

NorthernMich

the plastic is heavy, and the dimples prevent changes in pressure and the base around basement is all French drain tube, covering with sand and then gravel

Here's the homemade wood stove installed in garage....will take photos of stove installed later...I also installed the wall mounted propane heater in man room loft area

The top and door are made of heavy copper, I'll polish for fun one day or put it in the cabin.

NorthernMich

Actually more done than this photos coming.

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

BenB

Gonna be sweet when ya get her all done!
Where about in N MI are you at? If you have posted this I missed it somewhere along the line. :-[

The ICF's are my hope to implement too but I imagine the cost may make me change my mind in the end. Right now I am looking to build NW of L'anse unless something changes, In talking to folks they all say the concrete is the killer cost.

Willing to toss me a ballpark on what it set you back? Might help me decide icf vs simple block on footings.
Thanks

Happy New Year to all!

NorthernMich

99% finished.

Need winter pics from outside.

Fall-

Will start on cabin in spring....decided to use leftover ICF blocks

then chicken coop

have a greenhouse to have moved in (already finished) built it here in the pole barn

NorthernMich

28 x 44

12 x 16 sunroom

loft

walkout basement

in floor radiant heat

natural gas

windows open to shoot food from :)

NorthernMich

The cabin in the woods will use my leftover ICF blocks....will heat with wood....both the house and cabin will have some type of solar.

Pics in the spring  :)

You can see the wire sticking up in this peak photo....goes to solar panel to be mounted yet

NorthernMich

Projects

___ small greenhouse

___ chicken coop

___ small cabin remodel

steel roof, insulate, siding, woodstove

___ 16 x 24 ICF cabin

___ woodshed/Maple Syrup Shack

___ raised beds

___ water system (rainwater)

___ odds and ends on house