Home Building TV Shows

Started by Neutral, August 05, 2008, 05:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral

I'm trying to surround myself with home building materials so that when the time comes I'll at least have a some knowledge. And also I figure if I can't sit down and watch a show or read a book about it then this might not be up my alley.

So what's a list of the TV shows you know about home building and what network do they come on? There's one that I used to like but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

Here's all I know because it's on right now:

American Builder- CN8

FrankInWI

the TV shows move along so slow....and some of it's the fluff of stone counter tops, etc.  I'd recommend the books recommended here. The framing book is outstanding.  If you can afford it, you might want to joing http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/
The resources there are great.  Many many guides.
Volunteer for a Habitat home build, nothing like hands on! 
Good luck....
god helps those who help them selves

glenn kangiser

I agree on the TV stuff -- better to spend your time reading here or researching it on the net and books as mentioned. 

It's interactive here also -- ask a question here and you'll get 16 different answers  - plenty of variety - choose the info that best suits your situation.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

OldDog

TV never shows the "set up time" to do anything!

Lots of jobs take more preparation time than the job!

They make lots of stuff look too easy.
If you live a totally useless day in a totally useless manner you have learned how to live

firefox

"It's interactive here also -- ask a question here and you'll get 16 different answers  - plenty of variety - choose the info that best suits your situation."

Not only that, almost all of the answers are right ;D

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

PEG688

Quote from: firefox on August 05, 2008, 10:57:20 PM

"It's interactive here also -- ask a question here and you'll get 16 different answers  - plenty of variety - choose the info that best suits your situation."

Not only that, almost all of the answers are right ;D

Bruce

All our 'experts' are thoroughly vetted  ;), to bad USA politics aren't vetted as well rofl
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .