16x24 CABIN....It all started just as...

Started by PHU, July 22, 2014, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHU

ELECTRICAL.....

Short story....I ask a guy to come out for a quote  for a few light switches and outlets and he wanted 10K for the work???!!!! SERIOUSLY??? Our conversation ENDED right there!!  Thanked the dude for coming out and told him I'll give him a call after my vacation trip. (It's a nice way of saying, NO THANKS!)  :)

So....I started reading and taking electrical classes and asking friends if they know of any friends that are electricians.  Finally, a friend call me and said he have a friend that is an electrician and would help me out.  THANK YOU!!!

main panel and electrical wiring....rough in

PHU

Building a stair to the loft area

Nice to have a building partner that's willing to help you. :)   

Up stair rail support

PHU

INSULATION time!

WALL SIDING!

Loft area

Trench dug for running electrical service lines to the cabin.

My favorite hunting spot! :) More like enjoying my little peace and quiet than seeing anything.  :)

PORCH rails

My little helper again...someone that I can relied on to help me get things done! :)

Oldest son helping me with the porch floor.

Front rails installed

The completed PORCH! :)

Next are the floor and electrical service.

To those who are interested in building their own little place of peace, good luck to you! ENJOY building!

Thanks for dropping by.   

ChugiakTinkerer

Thanks for sharing the pictures.  It looks great, I am especially envious of your sand point well.  Did you expect to have water at 15 feet?
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story

PHU

Quote from: ChugiakTinkerer on March 31, 2017, 05:17:22 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures.  It looks great, I am especially envious of your sand point well.  Did you expect to have water at 15 feet?

Hey Chugiak

Thanks for asking....I did a little research in my area and the data shows that the water table is around 20-30 ft.  I didn't really expect to find water at that depth. Every time I get a 4ft section of pipe in, I'd test to see if I hit water or not by using a tape measurement. Fortunately, I got lucky and I hit water @ 15ft.  I did try to go deeper but I started to hit clay and decided to not go any further.  The water is extremely clear. I have not taken the water to have it tested yet.  I hope I can do that soon before drinking it. However, we use it for taking showers.

For now, we're using a hand pump...but I planning on putting in an electric pump once I have electricity.  :)

Thanks for stopping by....

Jim

Toyotaboy

Great build. Like your cabin style. Really like your porch with the flag. Great to see a fellow WI ite.   ;D

PHU

Quote from: OlJarhead on April 01, 2017, 10:57:20 AM
Wow!  Looking great!  [cool]

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Quote from: Toyotaboy on April 02, 2017, 09:02:36 PM
Great build. Like your cabin style. Really like your porch with the flag. Great to see a fellow WI ite.   ;D

Thank You!  And good to have a neighbor.... :)