Started by dmlsr, July 02, 2006, 07:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmlsr

please post anything home make and or really different

I will have some pictures up of some things i have make for our cabin

Thanks
Dave

Amanda_931

That link has a lot of fine woodworking in it.   Including a fair amount from PEG.

;)

Not at all sure I'd put anything I'd made in that one.  Found objects and really really easy solutions to problems are more to my taste.

(Mind you I've no idea how Dave's taste in furniture runs)

dmlsr

Here is some stuff i made all by hand.

First thing is my beds head board. Pic is befor i put the clear on it. All the wood used on this came from our building lot.

Next up is a coffee table i made . The top was a tree that the power company cut down because it was to close to the wires. The legs came from a tree on our lot.

Last are end tables. The tops are cut from the same tree as the top of the coffee table.
The bottoms came from a tree in my yard at home that came down in a wind storm we had. It hit my house and truck so i wanted to use part of it for something.

glenn-k

That's all a part of getting even, Dave.  Kind of like when the deer eat your garden. :)  

And don't anyone tell me they're so cute.  They are large destructive rodents.  :-/

I like that type of furniture.

TxDirtDigger

Impressive work!  The headboard definitely has my attention, may have to do something like that for my place.  
Glenn - I agree on the large rodents.  Although I never have eaten mice or rats, I do know the large variety you mentioned tastes pretty darned good.

benevolance

Glenn

Yes deer love well watered vegetables!

They are not as destructive as Squirrels...Don't get me started on squirrels

glenn-k

Yeah-- when all the grass around turns brown it takes a 7 foot fence to keep those large rodents from jumping into the garden and eating everything that is not brown. :-/

benevolance

Glenn

Motion detector man...Wire one of those up....Deer are very jittery....So just rewire the motion detector so that when the deer are near it is wired to the radio and it turns on...

Instant deer removal

glenn-k

Possibly might work, Peter, but I think if I did that around here the deer would lay back in my lounge chair, light up a smoke, grab a cold one and listen to some tunes.

I had one of the motion sensor sprinklers that would go off when our car drove up covered with fresh dust -- the deer would jump up from sleeping under the sprinkled and run when they heard the car and the car would be covered with mud.  Oh well.

benevolance

What about wind....

Bear with me

You know those plastic tabs you can mount on the front fender of your car...The wind whistles through undetectable to humans...But it bothers deer...Supposed to keep Deer from jumping out in front of your car.

Why not mount a couple of the things on the roof of a nearby shed so that if the wind is blowing...The deer can hear the noise and stay away...

Find out about the pitch and frequency of the noise... Make sure it is not going to drive fluffy the cat insane

Amanda_931

I like those too.

Wish we could have cut the big beech tree that was the cost of getting electricity here into a coffee table.  I had a 13" chain saw, guy who was working for me was using mine.  I don't think that would have done a good job on a 3+ foot tree.