Heather's little house/property for sale

Started by Deana, October 10, 2005, 10:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deana

Following the links from the owner-builder gallery to Heather's little house, I have learned that her mom is getting married and moving to FL. The whole organic farm/ homestead including her little house, a 1750sq. ft. underground house, greenhouse, converted bus etc. is up for sale including contents.

http://peaceandcarrots.homestead.com/HomesteadAndOrganicFarmForSale.html

glenn-k

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum, Deana.  Heather is one of our favorites here.  This was timely as I just got an email requesting info on Mike Oehler's underground cabins.  Theirs was built from his designs and her mother mentioned that he dropped by to look at it.

jraabe

Best wishes to Heather and her family on their new adventure — wherever it may take them.

Deana

Correction to the above message, it is Heather's mom who is getting  married and moving to FL. I posted the message under 'guest' prior to signing up to become a member of the forum and now it won't let me modify the initial post...sorry about that. Heather's little house is one of my favorites too.
Thank you too John for the welcome to the forum, I've been one of those habitual 'visitor'  lurkers for a couple of years now, guessed it was time to join in http://countryplans.com/yabb/images/wink.gif
Wink

glenn-k

I updated the old message for you, Deana.  Glad to have you here.  Don't be a stranger -- or at least try not to be stranger than me-- I can't stand competition - I have a reputation to uphold you know. :o

SVDtiger

i sure admire heather and have typed at her years back right after she got most of her house finished..

i sure hope they are ready for florida though. im a native from here and so is lesia and we ready to be somewhere else due to the crush of humanity.think LA traffic then we have permits storms listed 4th for tonadoes flooding  opressive heat bugs snakes outrageous taxes wacky land costs sinkholes nitrate/nitite laden terrible water.if south of gainesville better learn spanish
and secure a concealed weapon permit. just to name a few from my 50 years
below sea level

good points?  hmm solar power works great . finding a fishing hole is easy. you are closer to everything you might need. fuel is some cheaper.easy digging. im thinking hmm oh yes you wont have to deal with many native florida folk they have all left for the most part :O

lesia n i wont miss it  but we both sure wish heather and her mom the brightest of blessings and a safe happy life here

lodestar

Used to chat up Wendy a lot a number of years ago...both of us having underground places...sheesh, how time flies.

Heather's all grown up.

I'm happy for Wendy.

Kathleen

I hosted Heather for a week at my house in Austin, TX on her cross country bike trip from Florida to San Diego.
Her mother did end up getting married and moving to Florida. The marriage didn't work out and she is in the process of a divorce or annulment.
Her underground house, land and heather's house in vermont sold quickly no problem.
Wendy didn't care for Florida that much and she is now on the road again --in Idaho, I believe, right now
Kathleen

QuoteUsed to chat up Wendy a lot a number of years ago...both of us having underground places...sheesh, how time flies.

Heather's all grown up.

I'm happy for Wendy.

glenn-k

It's a small world after all.  -- That was a kind of a Mickey Mouse comment I guess. :-/

Kathleen

Indeed
;-)
K

QuoteIt's a small world after all.  -- That was a kind of a Mickey Mouse comment I guess. :-/

glenn-k

Sorry 'bout that, Kathleen.  Sometimes I just can't help myself. :-/ :)

Now everyone who reads this will be plagued with little munchkin voices singing in their heads,  "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...."  as they recall the water splashing around the sides of the little boat and they are sucked into yet another Disney ride designed to help remove all the excess loose money from parents pockets.  I guess everyone needs to do it at least once in a lifetime..... :-/

Kathleen

When I lived in Southern CA
my four sons actually like Universal Studios more than Disneyland
But then again we are movieaholics
;-)
K

QuoteSorry 'bout that, Kathleen.  Sometimes I just can't help myself. :-/ :)

Now everyone who reads this will be plagued with little munchkin voices singing in their heads,  "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...."  as they recall the water splashing around the sides of the little boat and they are sucked into yet another Disney ride designed to help remove all the excess loose money from parents pockets.  I guess everyone needs to do it at least once in a lifetime..... :-/

glenn-k

I think we liked Knott's Berry Farm better, seemed to be more non-sterile entertainment, although we never did go to Universal - actually I think the kids may have made it there but I never did. :)

Kathleen

I lived in CA for 24 years but have not been there in two.
Some things I do miss. ;-)
K

QuoteI think we liked Knott's Berry Farm better, seemed to be more non-sterile entertainment, although we never did go to Universal - actually I think the kids may have made it there but I never did. :)