Heat loss through concrete slab foundations

Started by tjm73, December 21, 2005, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Have you found LED assemblies that make decent room lights John, or just smaller area lighting?

Kelly_Keilwitz

Thanks for the feedback.
This looks like a fun place to hang out. Unfortunately we only have VERY slow dialup available to us here, and are on one line, so I'm not able to spend the time on such forums. We're looking into getting a wireless feed from a neighbor (~1/2 mi) who has satellite broadband - that would help.

I AM interested in the availability and affordability of (white) LED for spot and area lighting, too. We currently use cheap, colored Christmas light LED strings around the ceiling-wall edges of some rooms for low-level area lighting, and I've wired in ceiling outlets in our new addition for just this purpose.
As I understand it, white LED's are so expensive because of the technology needed to make true white light and because that technology is under patent. There's also an issue with using AC to power the LED's, as the diodes can only use half of the wave form. They operate more efficiently on DC. A wall-wart (converter) can be used, but that lowers the efficiency, too.