Finally pictures of our 20'x34' 2 story

Started by rdzone, May 03, 2006, 11:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

I don't understand where you people are finding all of this rain.  Send me some. :)

rdzone

Glenn i would gladly send you all of it for a week or two if I could!

rdzone

Well the trusses got delivered just this morning just before the rain started.  >:(  I sure hope it lets up later this week so I can get the roof started.  While I was there I took a few pictures of the second floor interior walls we built this weekend.

rdzone

Well we have made some more progress.  Not as far as I would like but we are getting there.  The trusses took longer than expected.  A buddy and I had to pull them all up to the top of the walls as the crane was short by 20'.  The it took a while to get the gables sheathed and all the trusses tipped up.  We got all the trusses up on Saturday.  Sunday we worked on the gable end ladders and the fascia, etc.  Monday we could only work for 4 hours so we got one side of the roof basically sheathed.  Pics below.

MarkAndDebbie

Quote... the crane was short by 20'...  
Short crane - you sure it wasn't a heron?  ;)

Looks great!

rdzone

rdzone

glenn-k

Quotei think it was a sandhill! ;)

Are Sandhills hard of Heron :-?

MarkAndDebbie

Quotei think it was a sandhill! ;)

Are Sandhills hard of Heron :-?
I think you're looking for the red herons.

rdzone

Been working on the cabin, but progress has been slow >:(  The darn rain won't stop everytime I am out at the cabin with some help it pours :'(   It wouldn't be so bad except I am trying to get the roof sheathing done (thus the helpers to hand it up) and the graces ice and water shield on.  The sheathing will go on in the rain, so long as I don't slide off the roof (yes I am wearing a harness) but the sheathing has to be dry to put the graces on!    >:(

PRAY FOR SUN!!  My sun dance hasn't been working.  ;D

rdzone

Well one of my friends flew over the cabin site and took some aerial pictures.  :)  He just sent them to me this morning.  As soon as I get home I will try to post them.  Living in Alaska has some perks...there are more people up here with small planes than you can count.

glenn-k

Sounds cool Chuck, but I have still never heard of rain in the summer.  -- Well - OK  we got a 10 second sprinkle last night and a few minutes a couple weeks ago.  I attribute that to gov. weather modification.  HAARP and such - from up your way. :)

rdzone

Well I haven't gotten around to downloading any new pictures, but I will.  I finally feel like I am making some head way on the roof.  :) I got everything sheathed on saturday and I covered the entire roof with graces ice and water.  In theory I should be water tight.  ;) On sunday, since I bought my roofing on the cheap($1 a foot from the lumber yard it was an over order they were trying to unload) I spent my day cutting the 24' long pieces down to size.  I also predrilled for the screws that way all the spacing is the same.  I have enough extra roofing for porches and out building.  Next weekend I plan to start putting the steel roofing on.  Once that is done I will feel much more relaxed.   :)

rdzone

here are the aerial shots and some pics from this weekend.

glenn-k

Looks impressive - busy - things happening.  Good job.

rdzone

Well,

just to keep up to date.  More rain this past weekend = no metal roof.  >:(  However some good news is that the graces ice and water shield is doing its job, with no leaks.  Things are drying out nicely.  The walkout basement is still a little wet, but it is getting there.  I took Saturday off to relax it is the first one I haven't been working on the cabin all summer.  It was a nice break.  Sunday my wife and I went up to check on things and worked on some of the punch list items I have been putting off while trying to get the roof on.  Keep your fingers crossed that this weekend will be nice or at least it won't rain.  One of these days I hope to post pictures of a finished roof.

rdzone

Just another update.  No new picture, but we finally got the chimney install and a few more piece of roofing.  Hopefully I can get the rest of the roof on in the next couple of weeks, before the snow starts to fly.  What happened to summer?  School has started, the days are geting shorter and there is s chill in the air.

rdzone

Finally got the roof on!   I don't want to see another roof for a while.   ;D

here are a few pictures.

Know I have to move back inside and finish up all the little things I have been putting off while trying to get the roof on. :)

Sassy

Great!  looks pretty high & steep  :o  nice job!

rdzone

it was high and pretty steep!  Thank god for my roofing harness as I took a few unplanned trips down the roof when it was wet.  Just for reference that is a 32' ladder on the up hill side of the walk out basement.  I couldn't get any of my buddies to take a step on the roof.  I did all the sheathing, graces ice and water shield and roofing by my self.  My wife handed everything up to me. :)

Bouncer

hobbiest

Friends are always there when you need them, ain't they!  Nice job :)

Homegrown_Tomatoes

Wow, it looks great...  it makes me nervous just seeing pictures of you up on that roof!  Can't say I blame your friends!!  I would've probably chickened out, too! :o  I bet it is a great feeling to be done with that part!

deertracks

Yes... thank heaven for the harness!!!
House looks great. Please post inside pics when you can.