16x24 cabin/shack in N. MN

Started by Donny2guns, March 23, 2010, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2guns

Hi all Ive been lurking here for some time now. I bought 20 acres in N. MN and have decided to put a cabin on it. After some careful consideration and planning I purchased Johns little house kit. Ive never built a house but do have some experience working at home. I will be heading up there in the near future to start clearing the site and will take some progress pics along the way. I thought I would just introduce myself, thanks all Russ

Redoverfarm

w*  Donny2guns

I hope you have enjoyed what you found on the site.  Keep us abreast and as others will say "pictures".

fishing_guy

w* and Good luck to you.  We've got land in northern Minnesota also, but have decided on not putting a house up yet, as the township assessor has been all over it since we bought it.  Maybe if the economy recovers a bit, we'll reconsider.

A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

mnboatman

Good luck with your project! I'd like to see your photos as you make progress.

I'm waiting for the ice to melt in about five weeks.

Donny2guns

I havnt looked at any inland lakes as of yet but the ice on the big lake is pretty much gone. Yes the good old assesors, up here they will raise your taxes for placing a cardboard box on your land and call it a cabin

mnboatman

Quote from: Donny2guns on March 24, 2010, 04:20:18 AM
I havnt looked at any inland lakes as of yet but the ice on the big lake is pretty much gone.

Her is a link showing ice out status for some of the major lakes. In April you can watch the ice out march northwards.
http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/ice_out_status_10.htm

fishing_guy

A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

houseplans

Yeah, You are right my dear. Ice out is sooner than we thought, Go hurry with your planing. I hope you have planned a nice cabin/shack.

Plan nice house have an nice house to live.
Have nice days

MountainDon

houseplans, Do you have lake ice in Bangladesh?  ???

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

fishing_guy

NM_Shooter

Quote from: fishing_guy on March 24, 2010, 09:34:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hwjalnh734

Maybe the ice out is sooner than we thought...

Holy Lutefish!  I'm hoping that truck had heated side mirrors.  You betcha. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"