Should I take the detour in my cabin planning?

Started by Sod Breaker, February 14, 2010, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sod Breaker

Well today I ran across a 12X18 entry way  It used to be attached to a trailer house.  It has shingled roof and vinyl siding.  There is one wall gone where it used to attached the the trailer and there is no floor.  But I could probably get it for $150  It's all wood paneled on the walls and has fiberglass insulation in walls and ceiling.  There is no paneling on the ceiling but did at one time and all the lathes to attach it are still there.  There are two windows which are both in good shape.  Also the door is gone and the one corner by the open side is bowed out on the bottom by about 2 ft.  I could probaly make arrangments to build the wall and floor where it sits now and move it when it is completed.

Thanks

Sod Breaker

poppy

Sounds like a deal to me unless you want to stay below 200 sf.

John_M

How are you going to move a 12 x 18 cabin? ???  Wasn't that a concern of yours?
...life is short...enjoy the ride!!

Abbynrml

I would not want to add any more weight to it before I had it moved.
Can it be moved? That might be the deciding factor.
A pro probally could but that would cost alot.
How far will it be moved is another question that has to be covered.
There are many things to consider when moving any structure.
It might be easiest to just demo it and move the pieces.
But I agree, $150 is cheap for good materials. So it might be worth it.

Sod Breaker

I got a buddy of mine that has a Low boy trailer I talked to him last night he sad he would move it for his cost.  The problem with tearing it apart is you always loose so much.  I'd have to move it about 10 miles.  2 miles of which is state hiway, the rest of the way is all Township and county roads.  Mostly dirt.

Sod Breaker