20'X32' with loft in S. Missouri

Started by Jeff W, July 30, 2015, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rys

Would love to see more pictures of your loft area. Love the planks the way you angled them!  [cool]

Jeff W

Quote from: Rys on January 25, 2017, 03:28:29 PM
Would love to see more pictures of your loft area. Love the planks the way you angled them!  [cool]

Ill grab some more pictures of the loft for you, I have not been very good at showing it.  Ill be over there every night this week through the weekend so I will try to remember.

Jeff W

Video, hope this works. Got all the knotty pine up, needs trimmed out but that can wait. It's onto the floors next.

https://vimeo.com/201592136?ref=em-share

Rys

Neat! Really gives a feel for the place.
Thanks for sharing.

CabinNick

Thanks for sharing the video.  I am planning on putting a shed dormer of the same size in the same spot; very helpful to see yours.  Cabin looks great. 

Jeff W

a bit of progress.

dry wall finished and painted. paint was given to me, free.

Rock under wood stove, not pretty but does what it needs to do.

Put down 8" wide plank tongue and grove flooring. I put this in rough side up on purpose, it will get sanded, but I will leave a lot of the roughness, but the dirty marks that you see are from the mill and will be gone. The wood for this cost me $1500.00 for roughly 1450 Ln Foot, or 880 sq ft. I used 2 rolls 15lb felt paper under it. Blind nailed with flooring cleats rather than staples.
  I picked up Stain and polyurethane today, that's 2 gallon of each, $200.00

And I think I have figured out how I want to trim out the windows and doors, here is an example.

Jeff W

Stain and first coat of Poly on. once they are finished I will get better pictures of the floor.

Adam Roby

Rednightsky

Hello looks great so far!

Can you post a rough floor plan? Is there any bedrooms on the bottom floor or just the loft? Thanks!

rickeyleee

Can you post floor plan and link to all your pictures?  My computer shows all of your photobucket pictures as error messages.  Thanks

rickeyleee

Jeff W

Sorry about the pictures. Seems that every hosting site wants money. Can't blame them. Yes that's the link to my Photobucket.
  The plans are the basic floor plans sold here, the 20x30 1.5 story. I've merely extended the length to 2 ft and flipped the bed and bath to opposite sides. Put a closet/ utility between them. I have a video someplace. I'll make a new video to show where I'm at right now and link it. I'm still not moved in, I need to do a few more things to get there, money run short and I'm doing it out of pocket.