You just have to laugh

Started by peternap, February 26, 2008, 10:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Both my wife and I have had the flu since Friday. Out temperatures have been as high as 102. In addition, I've had problems with my blood sugar and blacking out for a few weeks now. Since I haven't eaten since Friday, that's gotten worse and I've been clocking out every fifteen minutes or so. Just for a few seconds or a minute.

I was really worried about her. She couldn't drink anything and was dehydrating so I went to Target to get some Pedolite.

I bought it but after going outside the store, couldn't walk any further. They had those covered trash cans there so I leaned on one and promptly blacked out on my feet.

I came to to hear a woman asking if I was OK. I thanked her and told her I had the flu. She wasn't buying it. She was convinced I was drunk and proceeded to give me a lecture about the evils of drink and how Jesus will save me. if I will let him.

What can you say...I guess I looked drunk so I just let her finish and thanked her. Then went home. :)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

There you go, Peter.  Many people are self assuming and haughty enough to think they are the right hand of Jesus.  I think they may be the ones he says he doesn't know.

She probably went out and beat some poor building contractor out of his money with made up complaints after she left you, but felt that was OK because on Sunday the lord will forgive her. :)

PS:  Did you give her the flu?  ???
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

PS:  Did you give her the flu?

Probably  ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Ok Peter....(this is said with love as I tap my foot and wave my mean old finger)

Blood sugar problems.....I am guessing you might be a diabetic? Or at least borderline.
Lets see when diabetics are having insulin (blood sugar issues) they tend to slur their words and generally appear to be drunk.
I think I would have hopefully smelled your fruity breath and seen it as that and gave you a lecture on how you should be managing your blood sugar levels and might even call an ambulance for you. I hope you were not driving. Then indeed I would be praying for you. Jesus loves diabetics too or those with just blood sugar issues!

I got my eye on you!

I hope you are feeling better!

Sassy

Peter, take care of yourself!  I agree with Stinkerbell...  passing out - that's not good - think of what is happening to all your organs?!  The damage could be irreversible!  You sound like a friend of ours who is only in his 40's but his diabetes is out of control & he's been in & out of the hospital.  You're pretty independent - I'm sure you don't want to have someone else taking care of you - I'll be praying for you too  :)  You worry me!   
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

I was in bed with the flu all day yesterday so I feel your pain Peter. I'm a little better today but still weak. Nothing against the well intentioned christians but some of the biggest crooks I ever knew where so called christians. If I see a fish anywhere near their house I go on double alert. Aparently membership in the fish club gives them the right to not pay their bills.

Sassy

That's really sad - I'd question whether they were genuine....
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Yep, take care and look after that blood sugar problem. There has to be some reason it's acting up (down?)

As for the lady who asked if you were okay, and then proceeded to lecture you on her version of events, at least she stopped to see if you were okay, needed assistance, etc.  Somebody else might have emptied your pockets and others just step over/around you. Fruity smelling breath would not have meant a thing to me.

G/L. Take care.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

I can't hep myself...........(please take this with humor)

Aparently membership in the fish club gives them the right to not pay their bills.

Those rotten Fly Fishing People, the nerve!

Redoverfarm

Peter hope you get to feeling better.  It is probably stupid to ask but have you even had your sugar level checked lately?  You know with age(not saying your old but) your body does not compensate as it used to.  Just like an older model car. It will still get you from point A to Point B but requires a little more looking after and maintenance.  Take the time to get right. Everything else will wait.

glenn kangiser

hmm Hmm... a little sugar in your gas, Peter?  That'll make your pistons stick. [crz]

Actually Scott, the same thing has been mentioned up in our area by one of the tool dealers, but I have worked for some and had no trouble getting paid.  So -- I guess it's like all other things -- I try to treat them like they treat me.. if they are nice and fair to me I am the same to them.  If they are bad to me I advertise their reputation far and wide.

I have stopped going to any of the commercial religions - ie: organized "non-profit" religions.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Red,  I check my blood a couple of times a day. It usually peaks around 70ish and goes down from there.