20x30 1.5 Story in Flagstaff AZ

Started by Matthewpeace, August 04, 2014, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthewpeace

I am hoping for an inspection on Monday to get the roof and wall nailing inspected so I can get it weather proof. Came in this morning to a wet floor again. We need to finish the facia, roof and wall sheeting and dormers.  Then all the interior work this winter begins

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Not quite ready for the inspection so I will push it off until Wednesday.   A lot of little stuff still need finished. Luckily this week is supposed to stay dry

dablack

Looks great!  I can't wait to get to that point. 

Matthewpeace

Thanks,  it's been a real challenge to get to this point.  I was just concerned about the winter this year being bad and starting early

astidham

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

Matthewpeace

We have not decided on a front porch yet.

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

I got the first round of windows in downstairs.  The upstairs windows will be in this week

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

The plumbing is now vented through the roof

Arizona Highlander

Very impressive. You are getting lots done. Fun to watch. Thanks!
Gathering info here on Country Plans while in awe of other members skills.
Goal is to start a small 15x15 in the Spring of 2015.

Matthewpeace

Thanks for watching the build.  Its been fun to build as well.  Being that this is the first place I have built.

John Raabe

None of us are as smart as all of us.

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Today I got the front of the house finished as well as one dormer.  Tomorrow I am hoping to finish the 4 remaining upstairs windows and wrapping the dormers.  Hopefully this week I will have the shingles on and getting ready for the siding to go on.

Matthewpeace

This has been my least favorite part of this project but we are finally completely dry.  Today the electric gets started and the plumbing gets finished.  Inspection for the window flashing tomorrow then siding starts Saturday.  Each part has been a learning experience so far and a lot of common sense.  I used a woven house wrap and  I am not very impressed.  If I did it again I would use tyvek instead

Matthewpeace

We have a problem.  In order to meet code this is how the stairs lay out.  I have tried may different ways and it just does not seem to fit.  Stairs here have to be 36" wide 7 3/4" max rise and 10" min run. And winders in the landing have to have a 6" minimum on the corners .  I cannot raise the landing because of the clearance between the beam and the second stair. 

dablack

Does it work the way you have it in the picture?  I don't like a winder step either but sometimes that is what you have to do. 

Matthewpeace

It does not work this way because of the hallway

dablack

I see. 

Ok, yeah, thats a problem.  The room to the right of the hall way opening, can you knock a corner off that room?

Matthewpeace

I have thought of that if I can find a place to re locate the refrigerator.  I will need to cut that wall back 3 feet into the kitchen.

rick91351

How much longer before you get winter in Flagstaff? 

We got some snow today in the mountains above Boise....

BTW Looking outstanding - Are you on this pretty much all the time or you have day job? 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.