Three New Posts

Started by n74tg, September 10, 2006, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n74tg

...to my house building blog (in case anyone's interested).

Read them in reverse order and they will make more sense.

MIEDRN

Nice going. It looked like fun but I'm sure I would have toppled that thing over!

n74tg

The trac-hoe is surprisingly stable in use; the scariest part is loading and unloading it from the trailer.

P.S.  Miedrn, if you will put a blank line or two under your signature line (URL) it will take you to the site when you click on it.   Do this in setup.

MIEDRN

glenn-k

There you go Tony -- now you know why I like the big toys. :)

n74tg

It's been awhile since I posted anything here, but I have been busy building.  The footer's are complete and the block wall building has begun.  There are three new posts on the blog (link at bottom) if anyone's interested.

glenn-k

Blogs looking great, Tony.  We can't give you too bad a time about not posting if you are working and have something to show us for it.  Just don't forget to come back with a report every so often.  Great job.  :)

jraabe

Just to make the links a bit more obvious. Here is what Tony is working on:

Tony's Blog - read the Previous Posts for earlier projects

And, for further enlightenment... Meidrn's Blog- "a female owner-builder from Michigan" with links to some very interesting topics.

A lot of interesting trails are being explored by our forum members. Thankfully such blogs are a good way of sharing what they're finding with others.

BTW Meidrn; did you read the article in the recent Journal of Light Construction on mold in buildings and why there is so much more of it now than there used to be? It has to do with the materials we use (OSB is "mold candy") and the moisture uptake capacity of the building itself (old heavy masonry construction had lots, wood frame has some, but newer metal frame buildings with drywall have almost none).

JRR

The latest (Jan 2007) issue of Fine Homebuilding also has an extensive article on mold: Solving Mold Problems.  Seems that mold lives on sugar (I get that from the article headlines ... haven't digested all the text yet.  Yuk, yuk)