12x16 on the way... new land

Started by Tom, June 11, 2010, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajbremer

On August 27th, 2010 Tom wrote: "Costs up to this point are (as near as I can figure) $3,900."

Wow Tom, that's excellent! Are you saying that you did your whole place, what I see in the pics, dried-in and all for less than $4000?

I've read your whole build all the way through so far, thank you for taking the time to tell your story. I'm about to begin the build story of my 14x24 place here in Oklahoma very soon. I'll keep ya'll informed. Thanks Tom.
Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.

Tom

Thanks for looking in. This seemed so much bigger than my own abilities. I got a lot of help and encouragement from everyone on this site.
To date, I have about $5,500 into the cabin.

Good luck on your cabin. It's a lot of work, but it's so satisfying when you can sit down and relax and say, "I built this".

I'm still looking for some input about the outdoor woodstove idea. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mogie01

Hey Tom, I was wondering if you had any updates on your cabin.  It was fun reading through your posts.  I really thought you were Russian dancing there for a little while until I read your comment about the brick you were sitting on d*   Way back, when I first started blogging on here about our build you asked me where in Michigan we were from, sorry I missed it then, we live in Holland and our cabin is four miles south of Thompsonville.  Great job on your cabin so far!!

Tom

I appreciate you looking in. I wish that I had something to post here, but the sad fact is that I'm out of funds. I stopped to Menaards yesterday to price out siding, and what I found was that T1-11 will be about $500. Vinyl siding will be a bit cheaper. I'm still trying to decide.
Either way, I have a birthday, wedding anniversary and father's day all coming up within the next 2 weeks, and I've asked for gift cards so that I can get some siding on.
Holland is pretty close. If you ever want to stop out to take a look, let me know.

Tom

OlJarhead

Looking great!  I'm thinking of doing the same thing at the peak of our ceiling as you've done.  It will give a nice channel to insulate as well as a place to mount lights or fans if desired.

Keep it up!