propane logs hookup question

Started by Rick, November 15, 2008, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Got a set of propane logs that I would like to add to my fireplace. We used have propane hookuped for the stove and waterheaterand those have been removed, so now I am all electric. ( I know, what was I thinking). The gas company left the tanks and with over 200 gallons of propane, I'm wondering what I would need to do to connect them to my logs and maybe my gas grill. A regulator, some type of fitting? Have all the parts tha were left from the old system and am good at flairing tubing, just wondering if someone could give me some help. I know, call the gas company,just don't want to deal with them.
Thanks

glenn kangiser

If you have a tank you don't need them for anything else. d*

From the regulator it goes to usually 3/4 or so pipe - then to 3/4 or 1/2 inch gas cocks -- they then go to a flex pipe and to your appliance.  Plastic or 10 mil tape wrapped at the underground pipe sections.  Pipe dope on all joints and soapy water pressure test when pressurized at the least if you don't air pressure test.  Up to you to be sure it's safe.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

cordwood

If you ain't sure don't try it!!!!!!! Reg. too big= problem. Reg. too small = problem. What is a good color for the flame touching the logs?????.......If you guess wrong your DEAD!!!! Or your family or all of the above.

My point is if you are asking on a web site you should get help you can punch in the face! ;)

A leak can kill you! But Carbon Monoxide will KILL you too! .5 psi, 2 psi, 5 psi? how comfy are you with your decissions?....Is it worth it?

I don't want to hear about you later,...I'd rather TALK you later! ;)
I cut it three times and it's still too short.