14X14 off-grid solar cabin

Started by LaMar_Alexander, November 27, 2009, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaMar_Alexander

Here are some pictures of my 14x14 solar cabin.

I am a long time off-grid homesteader and live in Utah at the foot of the Uintah mountains. I designed and built the cabin for under $2000 from all new materials except doors and windows which were salvaged.

I use solar and wind power for electricity and propane for fridge, stove, furnace, and OD water heater.

I also use passive solar heat and passive cooling, solar composting toilet, rainwater and gray water harvesting, and drilled my own well.

No house payments and no utility bills- life is great!

You can click on my name above for more info

LaMar

MountainDon

Quote from: LaMar Alexander on November 27, 2009, 11:18:20 PM
... since this forum does not contact you to let you know when someone has replied and I am to busy to come here everyday and check that just doesn't work to well.

also on the first comment Lamar, look at the top or bottom of any topic and you will see a "notify" tab. Use that and you will receive email notification. That is a user opt-in feature available on any forum I've seen. It is always an opt-in thing, not turned on by default.

As for being too busy, many of us who seek out questions here that are looking for answers have full time jobs and full time family duties. Have a look around and you will still see they make time to provide answers and encouragement.

Also please note that multiple identical or near identical posts under different topics is not a good thing to do.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Don is enforcing John's guidelines regarding advertising of products directly on this forum.

In your profile there is a place to put a link to your website.  Click profile in the top menu, edit it, and add your website there.  Anyone wanting to learn more can click your name to go to the link which will then take them to your website and ads.

If each free idea did not set members up to purchase something, then I don't think Don would have a problem with it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.