Building a road?????

Started by Scotdark, August 16, 2015, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotdark

I have recently purchased a 20 acre lot in nine mile ranch area.. East of oroville Washington...I want to build and improve some roads on my property.... I have learned midway building supply rents a mini excavator and a skid steer but would like to get a bull dozer there but can't find any one in area willing to rent one... Just looking for suggestion as to what is needed to make a decent road for a travel trailer to be pulled on...my property is rocky, hilly, and full of sage bush.. Typical okanogan county land... Thanks

Redoverfarm

Unless you are an experienced operator you may just spend more time/money doing it yourself rather than hiring a contractor to come in and knock it out in half the time with a bulldozer.  Here you can get one for about $60 @ hr. 

rick91351

I would one look for a gypo logger in your area that has a dozer and a lot road building experience.  I have one up here where I live and he has grown into a great friend over the years.  But he and his old crawler work pretty reasonable all things considered....  There is a lot of trust though.  He will not bid a job you just hire him at $$$ an hour him and his equipment....   He never has take advantage of me and always will explain anything that needs explained. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.