10 x 12 Cabin in Massachusetts

Started by mldrenen, November 27, 2010, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mldrenen

I just started on this cabin a couple weeks ago.  It's located on a few acres that I'll eventually call home.  Before I start on the house, I figured I'd give a small "toolshed" a try.  

I only have one crappy cell phone picture right now, but I'll update the thread with more detailed shots this week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56418918@N06/5213214866/

astidham

very good start!
can't wait to see more!
Thanks for posting.
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

MikeOnBike

Quote from: mldrenen on November 27, 2010, 08:25:16 PMI figured I'd give a small "toolshed" a try.  

We just finished, well almost, our 10x12 toolshed/cabin as a precursor to our larger cabin.  It let us get some experience with some new materials and methods.  We'll also have a place to sleep for the next two years it will take to finish the cabin.

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=9024.0

Looking forward to following your build.  Pictures!

cabinfever

Looks good! What part of Mass are you in?

mldrenen

Quote from: cabinfever on December 03, 2010, 04:58:14 PM
Looks good! What part of Mass are you in?

foothills of the berkshires, a little town called blandford.  my street deadends in springfield watershed land, which is comprised of ~10,000 acres of mountains, reservoirs, and forest.  not far from otis reservoir, which you may be familiar with. 

mldrenen

heading up to work on the cabin tomorrow.  i hope to frame the 4th wall, install the rafters (precut at home), and sheath by sunday.  if i'm feeling really ambitious, i may try to get it wrapped in felt paper.  i'm really itching to get a roof on it and protect the cheap osb sheathing from winter weather. 

mldrenen

as is always the case, i didn't have as much time to work on the cabin as i thought i would.  i did manage to get the fourth wall framed, and all of the rafters, ceiling joists, and collar ties installed.  next up: sheathing.