My newest Plan

Started by new land owner, February 23, 2009, 10:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new land owner

As I am building in a cold area I thing the only realistic way to go is a full basement.  I know the issues is to have an approved set of stairs in a small building.  I thought is I move the center beam over so it is 12' on one side an 8' on the other then I could have enough length for my stairs. 

Here is the floor plan

Here is the front view of the cabin with a screened in front porch

Here are two views from the inside

Is there any Issue with the stairs being near the front Door?  I would have the door open towards the stair for safety.

I am not interested in trying to get a set of stairs to a loft so I am planning in going with pre made attic trusses to gain some storeage space.

MountainDon

My thoughts are that, for me, I would not want the stairs going down ending so close to the basement wall like that. It would make the moving of large items up or down more difficult. I'm not certain though how I would redesign it.  ???

I also prefer to have a door at the top of the stairs, but that may because that's what I'm used to.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Windpower

what program are you using for that design ?
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

new land owner

I am using Punch software ver 3000

Sassy

Overall, looks like a nice plan - good job on the program.  I like the way it looks from the outside, too.

Thinking about what MtnDon said about the stairs to close to the wall - I guess that could be a problem  ???
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free