Wanting to tour a Universal 2-story cottage - Near Chattanooga, TN

Started by DrewWalden, November 13, 2015, 12:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewWalden

My wife and I are about to close on a piece of property and have about made our minds up on building the 2-story cottage. I was hoping to find one that has been built near us so that we might take a tour of it. We live in Cleveland, TN. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

mattjsparacio

Hello,

I'm currently building one in Tracy City Tn (an hour from Chattanooga).  It is framed and the house wrap is on at this point.  Your welcome to come out any time.  You will probably need 4 wheel drive or willing to walk a 1/2 mile.  After the rain last week a section of the driveway got washed out.

Matt

NathanS

Quote from: mattjsparacio on December 10, 2015, 07:38:35 AM
Hello,

I'm currently building one in Tracy City Tn (an hour from Chattanooga).  It is framed and the house wrap is on at this point.  Your welcome to come out any time.  You will probably need 4 wheel drive or willing to walk a 1/2 mile.  After the rain last week a section of the driveway got washed out.

Matt

Hi Matt, I would love to see pictures of your build. I looked at your design thread from 2013 and you had some really interesting ideas.

My wife and I are going to start a universal 2-story build in the spring.

Did you end up sticking with slab, and the back mud room idea? We are planning a version of both on our house.

Nathan

mattjsparacio

Quote from: NathanS on December 10, 2015, 07:59:54 AM
Hi Matt, I would love to see pictures of your build. I looked at your design thread from 2013 and you had some really interesting ideas.

My wife and I are going to start a universal 2-story build in the spring.

Did you end up sticking with slab, and the back mud room idea? We are planning a version of both on our house.

Nathan

Hi,

We went with a raised slab( footing, two courses of block, back fill and then slab even with the second course of block) and we did keep the back mudroom idea.  I'll try to start a new thread and get some pictures.

Matt