24 X 40 Loft Build in Labrador West

Started by tmcmurran, July 18, 2013, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmcmurran

Well we managed to get a little more done over the past few days.  Now onto sanding the plaster in the bathroom and kitchen area ahead of dropping in the various items required.  A little more electrical needed to be done since it was over-looked during the initial installation.  (Now why is that)?  30Kw Stamford Generator hooked up to a Lister HR3 Air Cooled Engine all ready to go and installed in the shed.  Solar panels to be installed on the roof of the generator shed to provide the best exposure to sunlight.

Will have some additional photo's tonight to post once I get back. :)

Well rather than posting again I will just add the images.

Gen-set now in the shed.  Still need to run the ducting and wires to the house.

The other half is out tonight to lay the in-floor heating and get the tiles down in the hall and bathroom.  Wonder how that is going to work out :)

Will add the video of the Lister running once it finishes uploading to Photo-Bucket.............

tmcmurran

Well after what seemed like days, the video of the first start up of our off grid 30kw Lister Gen-Set seems to be completed.  With the fuel consumption that is an 1/8th or less of a 8000 Watt gas generator I think we made the right choice :)

https://vid179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/tmcmurran/IMG_0515.mp4

Ya, well for some reason the quicktime player is not working for me so I do not know if anyone will be able to view the video.  Let me know, and I will try another option to post it.

MountainDon

It works / runs for me. I did have to click on the message in a black box that asked me to activate quicktime, but a few seconds after that the Lister roared into life.   Then a single click on the image would pause the video and a double click would restart it.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

tmcmurran

I tried posting it direct the second time and it seems to have done the trick :)

Adam Roby

It might be a browser specific problem, I am using Opera and it does not work (quicktime player it out of date). 
I will try with another browser once I get around to installing it.