20 X 36 in Central Utah

Started by suburbancowboy, June 16, 2011, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suburbancowboy

The rafters are 2X8's and about 9 1/2 feet long and are 16 inches oc.  The pitch is a little over 4/12.  I went back forth on it for quite a while but in the end to have an 8 foot walkway on the enterance that is what I needed.  I also didn't want to block the view of the mountains when inside the cabin.  I will be adding metal on the roof in the next week or two.  In the mornings until early afternoon the sun hits that side and it gets very warm even in winter.  When I have been up there in the winter the last two years there hasn't been more than a couple of inches of snow on the porch.   I think the worst problem I will have will be the snow sliding off and making it hard to get up the steps.
   Best thing is if I don't like it or the snow doesn't slide enough I can always drop the whole thing six or eight inches. d*

suburbancowboy

This last weekend I competed the deck.  Only thing left is to put a piece of flashing where the roof connects to the cabin.  I also got some patio furniture for the deck.  Now I spend more time outside on the deck than inside.  I love it.

Here is a friend that came by to say hello.  I think him and his brother were born in one of my wood piles.  I haven't seen the mom in a month or so.  They are only about 6 inches long and not very afraid of people.

John Raabe

Cute critter and very handsome cabin. Love the big porch and the million $ view. :D :D
None of us are as smart as all of us.

jesse977

Wow what a awesome cabin. Could you post up close pictures of your porch posts? I like how they form a "w" near the porch roof

Huge29

I havent been on a in a long time.  we are just getting ready to add our garage this summer, so Ill look up this place for our siding.
Your build turned out very nicely, congrats!