Author Topic: Colorado 26X36 - Build has started !  (Read 71891 times)

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
Re: Colorado 26X36 - Build has started !
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2016, 06:23:37 AM »
Glad to see you got some time there. Also good to hear about the foundation working!

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time and money to fix it?

Offline Colorado Eric

• Apprentice
  • Welcome to the CP-Forum
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
UK 4x4 - Please continue to update us all on this build, absolutely love what you've done so far. I'm actually a Junction resident myself and have been on the hunt for property on the mesa for a few years now, and your build thread has proved invaluable. I was a oil/gas worker myself til prices S*** the bed a few years ago...Been watching the rebound in WTI and Brent with great interest, hoping if prices come back up US companies will start hiring again, in the meantime back to school. We got slammed this winter, don't know if you made it out but whoa, some epic snow conditions, they got feet in days more then once. Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling but wanted to pop in and say hi, I've read this entire thread oh 20 times now, hope all is well over the other side of the pond.

Eric

Offline UK4X4

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2017, 01:41:49 AM »
Eric, yep been slacking ......I've been laid off too from the oilfield....2 weeks after I booked our tickets for Christmas in co.......which we cancelled hopefully we'll be out there this summer for some fishing.

Been catching up with powderhorns snow on facebook and I often check the webcams to see the weather up at the house...meanwhile I did get some more work done on the house ....just before the brown envelope arrived...

We got the whole house dry lined and the upstairs ceiling covered with T&G......right now project is on hold...due to funds and a new adventure..

I'll probably do the second fix electric etc when I'm out in the summer, decide on what we are going to do with the house, either finish and rent or sell as a blank canvas...we are not sure yet.

Down in mesa the lands easier to build on.....only 10 mins from the lift......up on the hill you have to consider the expense of the foundation......of which I'm happy with the investment we made...still no movement or damage seen to date, but it did add to the build cost over simpler foundations.

Have fun on the slopes !

Anyway some updated pics of this years progress....

Offline Adam Roby

• Montreal, Canada
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2017, 04:46:04 AM »
It looks awesome, I hope things turn around for you this year.