Someone Cut a swath of trees off MY Property!

Started by intelijoc, December 31, 2008, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intelijoc

I received a GIS/Topo/GPS aerial- it clearly shows manmade removal of trees from my one acre lot.  I have let this simmer for about 2 weeks but I am really P'Oed. 

What this tells me, if my theory is right (that the trees were cut down knowingly from my lot) that the owners are a problem.  Do I want to build my drean cabin with neighbors behind me that have issues- legal or otherwise.

I am very spittin mad- and stewed all holiday but want to put it out here to people that understand and may offer some "restrained, experienced advice.

What shoud/can I do?  I was told I can't prove the other party removed the tree because I have not caught anyone inthe act. I didn't do this.  Also,from what I can tell it looks like it is clearly into my lot and over the back line.

I would like to include a pic.
???

Squirl

Could it have been a utility company?  I don't know the area, but I have seen this many times before. 

FrankInWI

>:( I think any of us here would be REAL REAL pissed too!   I would do some investigating....

In Wisconsin (with all our bars) I'd spend a little time at the local watering holes and slowly bring out what happened and fish for clues of people talking of the trees they were cutting. 

Post a sign in the bar and stores offering a reward.

Visit ALL the neighbors, telling them this sad tale and asking if they had seen or heard anything.

By ALL means, I would go to the County Sheriff Department to file a report of theft.

Go to the Post Office that delivers mail to your property and your neighbors; ask the Rural Carrier if he had seen anything.

...just a few ideas.... yeh, I'd be REAL pissed too!   good luck on finding the bastards.....

If this lot is where you want to be.... I'd build anyway.  Why let the asshole do double damage to you. 
god helps those who help them selves

MountainDon

Quote from: intelijoc on December 31, 2008, 08:21:28 PM
I would like to include a pic.
???

One of the easiest photo hosts to use for posting forum photos is photobucket.com. They're free. There is a tutorial in the Forum News section. The tutorial is a little dated, but may still help if you are not too computer savvy.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

diyfrank

Are you judging this based on a picture or have you gone to the property and investigated it?

Home is where you make it

rwanders

Are your lot corners marked? I have known many instances where property owners were mistaken about where their lot lines were----doesn't really excuse the cutting but an honest mistake is somewhat easier to swallow then malicious neighbors-----I agree your peace of mind requires getting to the bottom somehow. Good luck!
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida