sheeting roof from the inside

Started by bobtheengineer, April 15, 2008, 06:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobtheengineer

I know I saw it on here, and searched to no avail.  Seems like somebody did rafters and purlins and sheeted the steel roof standing on the loft floor i inside.  Anybody know where that post is at?

Thanks

MountainDon

IIRC, there were no pictures of the process. Also they only did one side that way and the other in the conventional manner. I have no idea who or where though.  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

kenhill

That would be me.  Here is a picture at this URL:   http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7701&l=0b01b&id=673692405

We could not do the last 2 rows of roofing this way.  I had a friend (fireman) go up and finish it off.

Redoverfarm

bobtheenginee I used a section of rolling scaffolding to help me put mine on. But it was mainly for climbing up and down off the perlins.  It is just too hard to stretch from the edge of the sheet to the far edge to put the screws in.  What pitch roof is yours?  Then there is the last two sheets as mentioned.  If you put yoour perlins closer together it will give you a little bigger platform to stand on.  Mine on the porch was 24".  But it was 3-1/2/12