Roofs on this weekend and surgery done today!

Started by Willy, April 14, 2008, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

The roof was harder than surgery but got it up this weekend. Cutting all the 2x10 rafters was realy easy after I did the first on. Sheeting it went OK and was sorta a pin on the steep sides. Puttting the paper on it for the metal was nice the sun was out and it was tacky. Took 2 1/2 days to do all the rafter, eaves, roof sheeting and paper. Pretty good work out but now I am ready to side it and put the metal roof on. Guess it worked out OK I got my cancer cut out today and all went well and I can take a week off to heal the surgery and cut hand off the razor knife cutting felt paper at the end of the day! I was tired and slipped and cut it good. I did not have stiches putin cause I got tape to hold it shut and it stuck together over night. Darn it was the first cut on the job to and nice and deep! So it will be a few days before going back and I forgot to bring my camera to take pictures! Mark

BiggKidd

Mark,

Congradulations getting the roof on. Also on a successful surgery. Sorry to hear about your hand I know that hurt. Hope you heal quickly.

Larry
A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry

PEG688

Good job. Tough job being a carpenter eh  :-X   Most folks can't cut it day in day out , year in year out. I kinda like that d*
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Willy

Quote from: PEG688 on April 14, 2008, 10:45:47 PM

Good job. Tough job being a carpenter eh  :-X   Most folks can't cut it day in day out , year in year out. I kinda like that d*
I normaly leave a little blood on all my jobs. Glad this was dripping all over the ground instead of on the building it would have made a mess. I got lots of war scars being a electrician for 38 years but still have all my fingers! Guess it is all part of the trades? Mark

ScottA

Willy

Quote from: ScottA on April 15, 2008, 07:24:09 AM
Good job Mark.  :D Where's the pics?
I totaly messed up and forgot my camera! When I found out it was going to get 60-70 degs on the weekend I freeked and loaded up fast and left to do the roof. So no pictures. Somewhere around next week end I will go back up to start the siding and add a 12x12 carport/patio to one end. More changes as it goes along but as I look at it I see how nice these extras would be. Mark