How the brain works - experience of a stroke

Started by John Raabe, March 31, 2008, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

The above is a link to a very interesting video that is the personal story of a brain researcher who went through a major stroke. In the process she watched the two sides of her brain sort things out at a time when they couldn't work together and communicate in the normal way.

Thought provoking!  :D
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on March 31, 2008, 05:09:09 PM
It's something I don't want to experience.

Me either. I think I'll take an extra fish oil capsule now! d*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

... and be sure the BP remains favorable.  :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

sparks

Wow!!  Nice find John. Do you believe it's possible that her occupation saved her life; that she realized what was happening and had a slight edge on what to do?  ???

The last time I felt that kind of nirvana was the courtesy of the work of a chemist at Sandoz Labs  :o  :)
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Redoverfarm

The last time I felt that way was years ago and I think it was Smirnoff that contributed.

sparks

I could never afford Smirnoff. Good stuff,eh?
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

John Raabe

Makes you wonder if all the enlightenment and religious experience stuff isn't just the miracle of brain chemistry.  ???
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

Anybody know where I could get some of that? hmm

She seemed a bit new agey to me too -- I wasn't sure where the stroke left off and the karma started.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tanya

Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.