Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

Quote from: ChuckinVa on March 30, 2010, 09:33:18 PM
I see you got you one of those fancy West Va chandeliers over the medicine cabinet. I didn't know you could wall mount them too ? ;D

Yeah it works great. It's temporary until I put the real light fixture in.

Quote from: mtman on March 30, 2010, 09:23:12 PM
All I can say is WOW! Really looking good Scott. Now since you took a pic for Don,now you got to take one for Glenn, course that means you have to park the backhoe in sight  :)

Dang, I missed my chance last week. I always forget.  d*

pagan

Very nice home, Scott. Thanks for sharing so much. We still have snow on the ground.

ScottA

Thanks for the kind words.

I got the water on today. So far only the kitchen sink and outside faucet hooked up but it's a start. The water service has been hooked up since last week but I just got around to putting all the shut off valves in at all the fixtures so i could use it.  d*

jdhen

Scott, I'm starting to think about the trim.  I like what you've done. Did you use the 1x3 pine that they sell at the big box stores?  Do you plan to paint it or seal it in some sort of way?
Also, did you use the same type of wood on your face frames for the rails and stiles?
Jesse

ScottA

All of the woodwook is white pine. I bought a bunch of it as 1 x12 and milled it myself for trim etc. It was the least expensive way (though more time consuming). If you cut it yourself you can decide what pieces work best for what. I used clearer wood in places that mattered and put knotted wood in places that didn't. They do sell it at lowes but I got a better deal from a local lumber yard when I bought a lot. There is $1800 worth of white pine on the inside of my cabin. This includes the floors.

ScottA

Quote from: jdhen on April 01, 2010, 09:06:30 PM
Scott, I'm starting to think about the trim.  I like what you've done. Did you use the 1x3 pine that they sell at the big box stores?  Do you plan to paint it or seal it in some sort of way?
Also, did you use the same type of wood on your face frames for the rails and stiles?

The wood will be stained and sealed with a wipe on poly. Some is already done. I did it to see if I liked it or not. I think it looks very natural.

travcojim

Just to jump off topic for a quick second, but aren't you on the Silver Dollar City Forum? 

ScottA

ScottA

Started the big cleanup today and put up the mailbox. I'll spend all day tomorrow dusting and vacuming then start finishes on Friday. 3 weeks to go.  d*

OlJarhead

Can you show more pictures of these stairs and describe the build?  I'm looking for just this sort of stair/ladder for my loft!

Thanks

ScottA

If you look back through the thread you'll find lots of pics and some discussion of the stairs. If you have a specific question feel free to PM me.

John Raabe

Such a fine looking place... great craftsmanship and attention to detail.
A pearl sitting in the woods.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Pine Cone

It's really starting to look great!

Your ladder/stairs are very much like ones I had years ago when I lived in an A-frame for a few years.

I like the contrast of the pine and the darker luan (or whatever it is...)

OlJarhead

Quote from: ScottA on April 08, 2010, 07:30:55 AM
If you look back through the thread you'll find lots of pics and some discussion of the stairs. If you have a specific question feel free to PM me.

Will do thanks.

ScottA

Happy to help.

You guys are too kind.  :D

JavaMan

I just read through the entire thread and I have to ask - since I didn't see it in the last few pages - how close are you to your budget?

ScottA

We are at about $16,500 right now which is $1500 over the original budget. I'll likely spend another $1000 to finnish up all the little odds and ends. We did upgrade some things along the way (mostly tile and stone work) which helps explain some of the cost increse. This does not include land or utilities it's just the house.

TexstarJim

Scott, I'm so proud for you, your project is looking fantastic and turning out to be one of the neatest houses in the forum.  Keep those pictures coming and I'll make sure to get in and comment each time I get the chance. ;D
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

ScottA

Thanks for the kind words.

I just got back from shopping. Just spent $3k on appliances and furniture to be delivered next week. What's bad is I'm not even done staining and finishing yet. So I better get back to work.  d*

mtman

Quote from: TexstarJim on April 14, 2010, 08:53:59 PM
Scott, I'm so proud for you, your project is looking fantastic and turning out to be one of the neatest houses in the forum.  Keep those pictures coming and I'll make sure to get in and comment each time I get the chance. ;D

I agree,now if I could some how convince him to build me one just like it :)

ScottA

It's getting close to the end. New pics.

The fridge and the A/C are in. A/C still needs trim. Don't laugh.

Bathroom sink is in.

The all important cieling fan is in.

I know you guys have been dying to see this.

1 week to go till final move in.

Bobmarlon

nice man you must be exited !! Cieling fan is a good match looks good.  And I bet its nice to have a fully operational throne room!

ScottA

Excited yes, but also very tired. I've been working 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks. When this is over I'll need a long nap.  :P

The cieling fan is a 52" Harbor Breeze. It has remote control. It was real fun to install in that 17' high vault. The blades are 12' 6" off the floor.

And yes it's nice to have the throne room operational.

phalynx

I see you got the commander model toilet.  I guess you like to sit up high, take charge kinda thing....    Looks great Scott.  I bet you just can't wait to move in.. d*

ScottA

Yep it's great phalynx. I wouldn't have anything else. I don't know why they force the low boy mobels on everyone, kids I guess.

I finnished installing the appliances today. Some of the furniture is in and I hung a few pictures. Boy am I pooped, nearly 5 weeks without a day off is rough but my wife keeps pushing harder every day.

BTW- Thank you Country Plans members for all the support throughout this project. You guys really helped with lots of great ideas and kept me motivated.

Thank God it's almost done.  :P