14X14 w/loft Guest Cottage

Started by Square1, February 04, 2013, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square1

I am preparing to move forward with a guest cottage on my resident property. I have decide that a 14"X 14" with a loft will work .
My first question:  There is a 14X14 plan on the Country Plans Design page. Available as a down loadable ZIP file. Perhaps I am missing the instructions or just lack the knowledge of how to view and use this plan. Can anyone offer guidance?
My second question: The pad that I have cleared and leveled cuts into a hill side slope. I envision this cottage to be nestled into the garden. Would it be unheard of to extend what would be a foundation stem wall, to a height that would be both the interior short wall  and an exterior retaining wall in the back? (Like a basement wall) Then step down to a shorter stem wall or may be pier post in the front. The other option is to build a retaining wall with stackable block  and build the cottage in front of it. I would prefer to not cut much deeper into the hill slope and I'm fairly set with the front wall location.  I would post a picture but I'am not seeing how to do it.  I would appreciate feed back or questions for clarity