Blue Water Cabin

Started by rjionline, January 29, 2011, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjionline

Hi, Well I have enjoyed lurking though some of your facinating build documentaries. Its been inspiring and intimidatng and I very much admire the talents obvious in this group. My wife and I have recently purchased a couple of acres on the West shore of Lake Superior North of Sault Ste Marie and we are in the design phase for a cabin build. We currently use a 30ft trailer but it gets cramped with two boys and two dogs (plus a bit chilly this tme of year). The clearing in the picture was done by the previous owner and will be the location of the main cabin. We are going to start small however and build the guest house first. Both my experience and cash are a bit low right now. I also live 9 hours away from here. Therefore I will be doing a prefab most likely. The guest house will likely be locate either behind the current trailer location or in the area in the rear left of the picture. Another possibility would be in the immediate foreground. So you can see, lots of decision still to be made before I dig the first foundation hole this spring!

The image above is looking East or inland. The image below is looking West through my treeline to Lake Superior. As you can see we had quite a wind storm in the fall that snapped or one of my trees. My wife wants me to leave it there so the ATV'rs won't cut through our lot!  c*

Here are a few pictures from warmer days...

Sassy

Nice area - looks pretty cold right now...  bet the warmer weather pics are nice  :)

w*

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

A guest house is a good way to build skills.  Welcome to the forum.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.