Need suggestions . . . Roadway easement liability.

Started by bayview, March 01, 2011, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

A friend had a similar problem (in IL) a shared driveway (property line ran down the center of the drive)

the neighbor kept parking his car in the driveway being a PITA

My friend canceled the easement and poured another 5 feet of drive on his side and the neighbor was screwed

I would cancel the easement -- it is your property after all

screw em

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

river place

When we were looking into purchasing our property the issue of easements came up as there was an easement across the end of a field to our 7 acres plus and easement across our place for the two neighbouring lots near the river.  The seller worked with the original property owner to have the easement across the field and to our property turned into a county road.  We know have a gravel road up to our place which worked out well.  The neighbours still have access across our property which I don't maintain except for mowing.  The neighbors aren't coming across our property as they're using access from the other side but they have no written easement to use this as access.  My plan is to extend my driveway along the west and south edges of the property so they can go around instead of through.  This would eliminate the need to go through the property, I could fence the inside of the proposed easement/drive so I can fence my propoerty but they would still have access, should be better for E911 locating also.