mosquito trap

Started by fastpoke, May 31, 2012, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastpoke

Does anybody have any of the propane mosquito traps? I'm thinking about buying one, they claim to keep an area of an acre with less bugs.  Or should i invest in bat houses instead?

Fastpoke

Tickhill

We bought one 6 years ago based upon recomendation but it really did not work as advertised, seemed to be a waste of $. We live in heavily wooded area near a lake and we have found that ceiling fans or box fans on high work pretty good for keeping the flying pests away while sitting outside.
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

AdironDoc

Bought a mid-priced unit 9 years back with the added attractant canister of Octenol. My friend's grandfather had died of West Nile. Anyway, after the entire season was finished, I had a close look at the sticky film where mosquitoes are caught and noticed only a few moths, a beetle, and what appeared to be a single mosquito. I suspect he had randomly flown into the film. We were bitten as much as ever that summer. In short, a total waste of time, money, and propane. At least we amused the skeeters!

Mosquito eating birds and bats.. much better idea.