Lumberlite 24 Saw Mill by Norwood

Started by desdawg, December 18, 2006, 07:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Somebody once asked me how to get ripples in the wood -- that's the in thing.  I told them to bend a tooth with the crescent wrench.  One bad tooth makes nice little rips.

When your blade came off did you check all the teeth?  You may have a bent tooth doing the ripping.  I generally don't get away with a blade coming off without damaging it.  I take a crescent wrench and bend it back or break it off.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

I usually always get pretty smooth boards.  I have a 10 horse motor I thing and run it full out.  I need to do some work to the poor thing but it still does the job.  I don't get much shake.  After a while you will like the looks of your boards better than store bought ones.  It looks like nearly every bord is a trim board-- nice -- like DMLSR's cabin.  

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

I only had two logs to practice with so far and they eren't real good ones. I will have to search ot some more since it turned might chilly in the hills. I won't be going for a while yet. I did pick up another Bobcat 863 so I can have one at both places. It is a lot easier to haul attachments than machines.
When I get the mill to the mountains I will dig my trailer frame in and block it more solidly, readjust everything and hopefully it will be better. Meanwhile I will be looking for a planer. I bet you have one. I saw one in Quartzite that I may go back for next weekend. A man can't have too many tools you know, no matter what the ladies say.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

I have a 13 inch Ridgid planer - I don't plane much but it works pretty good for what I do. :)

Always keep in mind that the one who dies with the most tools wins. :-/

desdawg

QuoteI have a 13 inch Ridgid planer - I don't plane much but it works pretty good for what I do. :)

Always keep in mind that the one who dies with the most tools wins. :-/

And I am not even going for the finish line yet.  ;D

benevolance

No...

the guy with the most cars wins...

by the time I am done I hope to have several hundred all running and working...Just sitting around the place...One for every day of the year...

that would drive my wife completely insane...Which is the point of marriage...If I could have a car for every day of the year and drive the wife nuts...Then I would win....... ;)

glenn kangiser

That is rather passive-aggressive behavior, Peter.  You seem to be practicing. :-/

desdawg

QuoteIf I could have a car for every day of the year and drive the wife nuts...Then I would win....... ;)
Actually I think the real winner there would be your auto insurance company. There is a Barrett Jackson auction starting in Scottsdale pretty soon. Come on over.