Earth Hour; how did you observe?

Started by MountainDon, March 29, 2008, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I just found out that today, March 29 the world is observing Earth Hour. What you say??  ???

According to Google:

On Saturday, March 29, 2008, Earth Hour invites people around the world to turn off their lights for one hour – from 8:00pm to 9:00pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Copenhagen, Chicago, Melbourne, Dubai, and Tel Aviv, will hold events to acknowledge their commitment to energy conservation.

I don't get along well with feel good group events.  ::) I suppose it's the rebel in me, but I do have my own plans.

I'm going to turn on every light we have. Plus turn on all the outdoor motion sensor operated security lights using the over ride. We've been using CFL and doing all sorts of other energy saving things for years. To the point where our electric and gas monthly average has dropped from $122 five years ago to $80 over the past year. Water use is down by nearly 50% as well.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John_C

[noidea'   Oh darn. It came & went & I never knew

MountainDon

I only heard about it because I Googled something and they were making a big deal of it.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Well --- Since I am not even hooked to the grid -- I invite the rest of them to unhook with me-- permanently and see how good they feel about that.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.