eye infection

Started by benevolance, February 22, 2006, 03:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benevolance

sorry if the typing is horrid

I have a nasty eye infection... piece of the grinding wheel went through the safety goggles and the wife had to pick a piece  of asbestos or whatever it is off my eyeball the next day...It got nasty - an infection and the eyeball and is just about swelled shut now...when I wake up in the morning it is crusted shut....Have to run my eye under the tap with warm water to get it open

So if I am not here for a day or two  you know why....I am stubborn I will only go to the doctor as a last resort....Got some antibiotic eye drops tonight and I am going to give them a try for a day or two....

Cheers with  the hand over one eye.. it hurts too much to use the other eye

-Peter

Jimmy_Cason

Good Luck. That sounds horrible...
 I guess it could have been worse.
Have you ever seen one of those grinding wheels explode?    
    Ahhhhhhhggg!!!!!  
By the time you understand what happened it is all over except for the crying!

tjm73

I think you are fool for not going to the eye doctor right away.  You only get two eye's and they can't replace them yet.  Had you gone right away it wouldn't be infected.  Eye's are very sensitive organs.  Not trying to sound preachy, but just think of everything you coudn't do anymore if you couldn't see.

Sassy

Benevolence,  I'd strongly urge you to go to the doctor also!  But, I'm a nurse & don't always follow my own advise.  I got pecked in the eye by a chicken that was sitting on my shoulder - guess it was shiney in the sunlight...  anyway, you could see a little chunk of the cornea that was pecked out... hurt like crazy...  we were up at our cabin, had people coming over the next day (friends from work etc) so I just kept flushing my eye out with sterile saline (I am allergic to any preservatives in eye drops-so figured I wouldn't be able to use the drops the doc gave me anyway)  After about 4 or 5 days I could open my eye without intense pain.   It never really got infected - maybe cuz I flushed it out with the saline so often... in fact, I laugh now - my right eye has better vision in it since Dr. Chicken operated on it! [highlight] Again, though, your eye is infected now, you need to go to the doctor,[/highlight] mine never got infected.  Take care!  (I can rarely get Glenn to go to the doctor either  :-/  - but I'm sure he would in a case like yours... )

benevolance

Hey no worries guys.. the eye drops are working...Still pretty gross in the morning...And it looks like I smoked a couple pounds of weed.... eyes puffy and red....But  the feeling that there was battery acid in my eye... is gone...

I should be able to drive by tomorrow! going stir crazy in the yard...*LOL*

I have not been to the doctor since I was like... 23... that was 8 years ago... and the only reason I went then was because there was a lump on the old testicle...

Been 17 years since i have been to a dentist and I still have perfect teeth... I think that for a lot of things docs and dentists are a huge scam...

I mean we as a people have been on the earth for a hundred thousand years... If you buy into the hype that a doctor spews out...You wonder how we ever made it as a species without their expert guidance.

Pills of just about any kind in my opinion are one of the absolute biggest hoaxes out there...

Glenn might be the leader when it comes to anti establishment...I take a back seat to nobody when it comes to being a non believer in pills, prescriptions and doctors....

I firmly believe that 99% of the time going to the doctor is the same as lighting a couple hundred dollars on fire... usually they prescribe a pain killer that does more harm than good and you still have the initial problem plus whatever comes about from the pills they want you to become addicted to.

2 vitamins every morning are the only pills I ever hope to take for the rest of my life.

My father went to the doctor last year and he told him he was type 2 diabetic... So my dad went out and bought hundreds of dollars of testing equipment...And the doc said he needed to take 2 pills a day...So my father started to do what he was told...I sat him down and made a bet with him...I told him that all type 2 diabetics are volunteers to diabetes...This made him mad at first...But I challenged him to take one sugar pill a day and keep testing his blood...And there was virtually no change at all in his blood sugar....Then I challenged him to take a sugar pill every second day...And again virtually no change...

so now he just checks his blood once a day and has stopped taking the pills...He is within acceptable levels...

Considering that he is almost 60 and drinks a case of beer a day I think his pancrease is working great! If by chance the old man does not drink for a day his sugar level is as good as mine...textbook...

But the Doctor was going to have him taking insulin pills and screwing up his body....Nice...

We live with our mistakes...Doctors bury theirs...After they fleece them for as much money as possible.

-Peter

benevolance

Doctors have become a joke just like scientists and environmentalists that do a study and at the end of thestudy they say that more work or research is needed.

Which is a direct attempt by them to secure more employment...almost No doctor will ever tell you that you are healed... no scientists will ever go out into the wilderness and complete a task or study...They publish reports a plenty...But the famous more research is needed is always written in there somewhere.

Hogwash all of it.

If a plumber comes to fix the kitchen sink you want it fixed, over and done with...If he said it would take 10 visits to get it working and then he would need to come back and do routine follow ups on the sink you would tell the idiot to  **** off

Why should the logic or rules change for a doctor or scientist...we are all people I don't care if they have an extra university degree we are all equals... a trade is a trade and basic principles should be universal...

That is a huge problem...Some people think that they are so special...Oh I can paint a car...Look at me...I am an electrician... ooh la la

It is no wonder so many of us have leanred to dabble in everything...we cannot stand the arrogance of dealing with these "professionals" to simply get something done.

-Peter

glenn kangiser

I know what you mean Peter.  Right after I got the book titled, "Secrets the Professionals Don't Want You to Know", I found I was able to do nearly all of their jobs. :)

OK - so I was kidding about that, not even a book like that that I know of, but if you study or find a pro that will show you their tricks, much of it can be quite easy if you pay attention to detail.  Many guard their tricks quite well -- if everyone knew how to do it they might not have a job.

Excuse me --- they're calling me for brain surgery on the second floor. :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

The thing a bout most trades is that anyone can do it...The difference between joe six pack and the professional is the professional can do it three times faster because they have a whole lot of practice..They can perform tasks in their field without thought at the sub conscious level.

For Joe Six pack to do a good job he has to stop to check things over.. read from the Home Depot self help book he bought half a dozen times and he takes his time to make sure he does not goof it up.

What really burns my arse is that one trade thinks their trade is the only real trade on the planet and some of these tradesmen want stupid money to do anything.

Here in SC they want $75 an hour to do electrical work... I have never even made half that much in an hour in my life....Kills me to think I have to work 3-4 hours to have enough money for the electrician to come and do one hour of work at my house.

With a backhoe it is almost as bad...Although they do have the cost of a monthly machine mortgage payment....But they also do almost no real labour...Sit at the controls and move dirt...And for that here they want a couple hundred an hour....

Makes me sick

-Peter

glenn kangiser

Some trades people are OK- others are just in it for a protection racket.

Example - on a big job for the last 2 days-- inspection company sent out one inspector that could inspect epoxy anchors only-- another from the same company could inspect ditch compaction only- we needed a welding inspector too - neither of these guys could do that -- they wanted to send another inspector - each at estimated 100.00 per hour.  Both sat in their truck and read the paper a lot.  What a ripoff.

Protection and anti-liability racket set up by the testing agency lobbyists, insurance companies, government and liars lawyers.  Similar to the local Fresno pump company who started a big EPA scare about leaded brass in pumps because their pumps didn't use it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

Benevolence ??  I must need a update dictionary ;) PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

jonsey/downunder

Here ya go mate just for you ;)
Dictionary Information: Definition Benevolence
Thesaurus: Benevolence
Description and Meaning: Benevolence
             Benevolence (Be*nev"o*lence) (?), n.
[OF. benevolence, L. benevolentia. See Benevolent.]

1. The disposition to do good; good will; charitableness; love of mankind, accompanied with a desire to promote their happiness. "The wakeful benevolence of the gospel." Chalmers.
2. An act of kindness; good done; charity given.
3. A species of compulsory contribution or tax, which has sometimes been illegally exacted by arbitrary kings of England, and falsely represented as a gratuity.

Synonyms -- Benevolence, Beneficence, Munificence. Benevolence marks a disposition made up of a choice and desire for the happiness of others. Beneficence marks the working of this disposition in dispensing good on a somewhat broad scale. Munificence shows the same disposition, but acting on a still broader scale, in conferring gifts and favors. These are not necessarily confined to objects of immediate utility. One may show his munificence in presents of pictures or jewelry, but this would not be beneficence. Benevolence of heart; beneficence of life; munificence in the encouragement of letters.

Maybe poor Pete is just having a bad hair day. ;D

I've got nothing on today. This is not to say I'm naked. I'm just sans........ Plans.

benevolance

I started to spell Benevolance this way about  10 or 11 years ago when I wanted a hotmail account...Benevolence was taken... hehe...so you see I spelled it differently so I could have the e-mail address of Benevolance@hotmail.com

I have just spelled it this way ever since...It works for me

I refuse to change the way I spell it...I even got one of my university professors mad at me when I wrote a paper...I refused to alter the way I spelleed the word...They called me to task on it and I told them this was the way that I spelled the word and it would always be the way I spelled the word...The old english prof got mad and said that Samuel Johnson lived and died for nothing because I was the authority on the correct spelling of the english lexicon.

He was ticked...I didn't care then and I don't care now...

Not a bad hair day...As my now bald father says...All of my days with hair were great! ;D... no such thing as bad hair day for a guy.

You guys and gals are not the only ones to tease me or take me to task on the way that I spell the word Benevolance.... I am used to being asked about it.

-Peter

benevolance

and I first chose this as my e-mail because my gal friend then and wife now thought I was a benevolent person! Which shocked the bejeezus out of me! :D

made an impression on me and I kind of liked the term after that....we all need things to make our own in this life I always say...

-Peter