Looking for plans

Started by jon, December 16, 2008, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon

Hi,
     My girlfriend and I are planning to build a small cottage/cabin and we are having a really hard time finding the right plans for us.
It seems like everything is either too big or too small! What we want is 500-700 square feet including the loft. We are willing to pay for the right plans but it doesn't seem like they exist online. Can any one point us in the right direction? Thanks in advance! ???

MountainDon

Well, let me say right up front it's been a while since I surfed looking for plans.

John's plans can all be altered in length with no problems. Longer or shorter is easy; making a plan wider is more difficult. Windows and doors in the exterior walls can be moved about within some limitations as far as good building practice or in some cases applicable codes for your area.

A 20x30 = 600 on one floor; making it a 20x24 = 480 and add a loft of say 20x10 = a total of 680 sq. ft.. John's plans can all be altered for interior layout as non of the interior walls are load bearing.

Perhaps we need a little better explanation of what you are seeking, other than simply the square footage, as I don't see where the problem lies. Maybe that's just me; sometimes I can be blind.  d*

• Click HOME to go to the main CountryPlans.com website and our PLANS.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.