Ugh!

Started by StinkerBell, March 28, 2008, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Its spring time. I live in the Seattle Area.
IT IS SNOWING!

It is just wrong I tell ya!

ScottA

Blame it on global warming. :P

Willy

Supposed to snow 7 inches by Sat in Chesaw and 8 inches where I live! It has allready snowed close to 3 inches outside. Guess where my tractor is at and it isn't at home!! Going to be rough getting to the place sunday with all the new snow.
    I am glad the piers and beams are done because it would be a joke to try them now for a while. I am glad the travel trailer is parked there also so I will just floor it and hope the 1 ton 4x4 gets in with all the framing materials and 3/4" plywood loaded on the car hauler trailer?? Supposed to clear up sunday and be nice for a while? I will keep working like I said rain/snow or shine! Mark
My forcast at the cabin site;
OKANOGAN HIGHLANDS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...REPUBLIC...INCHELIUM
323 PM PDT FRI MAR 28 2008

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT SATURDAY...

TONIGHT: SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES VALLEYS AND
2 TO 5 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS. LOWS IN THE MID 20S TO LOWER 30S.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

SATURDAY: MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING...THEN SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW
ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS. TOTAL SNOW
ACCUMULATION 3 TO 7 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS. HIGHS IN THE 40S.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT: CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE 20S.

SUNDAY: MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 40S.

SUNDAY NIGHT: MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER TO MID 20S.

MONDAY: MOSTLY SUNNY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.
HIGHS IN THE MID TO UPPER 40S.

MONDAY NIGHT: PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER TO MID 20S.

TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT: MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER
40S TO LOWER 50S. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

WEDNESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY: PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER
TO MID 50S. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

Redoverfarm

Hey stink I have a little story.  A friend moved to Seattle from WV. He was a pilot for a major air lines. Bought a fairly good size house that included a large pond. He thought it would be nice to stock it with the japenese carp. Ordered a bunch put them in the pond. In 2 days he didn't have a fish. The pond was full of otter. They don' come cheap especially the larger one.  Anyone in Seattle trap?

Redoverfarm

Willy there is an up-side to this.  It is already April (almost) and what it does snow usually doesn't last that long.  I have seen it snow 2-3 inches this time of the year and in a matter of a day or so it's gone. Downside is the mud .

MountainDon

That's what it's like in my suburban area od NM all the time. Snow today, gone today, maybe tomorrow.  :)  Different story in the mountains, especially the north facing faces.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Willy

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 28, 2008, 09:13:14 PM
Willy there is an up-side to this.  It is already April (almost) and what it does snow usually doesn't last that long.  I have seen it snow 2-3 inches this time of the year and in a matter of a day or so it's gone. Downside is the mud .
Well we have now have drifts up to 2 ft high on the place spread around. Recived around 8 inches of snow but it was blowing to last night. I am still going up in the morning cause the sky is blue right now with the sun coming out. Still might have now up to 10 inches at the cabin site but my piers stick up 24 inches! That means I can still build on top of them. The tractor can claer me a spot to park the trailer close to the building. That way I can put a cat walk off it to the floor once it is up to get more lumber. It will clear up after tonight for 4 days or so. Mark