My kids are scheming!

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, March 28, 2008, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

;D  I had to post this because it is too funny and there's no one else home to laugh with me...

This morning, my older daughter found the vhs tape of our wedding.  She's never seen it before and begged to watch it, so I let them watch it.  She said wistfully, "I wish I'd gotten to be there."  At first, she asked me afterwards who she'd marry, and I told her she had a while to wait for that, and then she announced that she was going to start "hunting" a boy to marry.  Well, then she got to questioning me about my mom and dad and step-mom... hard to explain to a kid who knows nothing about divorce, and when I'd attempted to explain it, she said, "But mom, then who will Grandma marry?  She needs to get married too!"  I told her that I'd tried to fix her up with a few people in my day, but I guess she'd probably just stay single.  Well, DD decided THAT would never do, so she announced that today, the first man she sees that looks around Grandma's age, she's planning to approach and ask him to marry her Grandma.   ;D  I asked her, "Don't you have some criteria to decide whether he can marry Grandma or not?"  She hesitated just a few seconds before she answered confidently, "Well, I guess I should make sure he's not already married to someone else."

Along the same lines, this same daughter was giving advice to her three-year-old sister about marriage a few weeks ago when they were playing, and I overheard her tell my younger daughter, "Well, Ev, when you grow up and you find some boy you want to marry, first of all, ask him if he drinks alcohol, and if he does tell him no way.  If he doesn't drink alcohol, then you can ask him, "Well, are you gonna rub my smelly old feet when I'm big and preg-ah-nant?" and if he says yes, then you can consider marrying him!"  I had to go in the other room so they wouldn't hear me laughing... keep in mind this is a 5 year old and a 3 year old having these conversations... I don't remember being like them or even thinking of getting married when I was their age!

John Raabe

Sounds like you have a can-do girl there! :D

I like the foot rubbing test... that's a pretty good indication of compatibility. Reminds me to give my own wife a bit of the foot attention.  d*
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Homegrown Tomatoes

rofl  I like the foot-rubbing one, too... we went to the grocery store today and she was checking out all the "grandpa" types in there, but was pretty disappointed not to find any without a wedding band.

StinkerBell