Larry's 20'x30' single story project

Started by John Raabe, December 22, 2007, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

I got an email today from Larry Costa who bought the 20'x30' single story plans in 2006.

"Here is our 20'x30' one story from your plans. Total cost for the project including carport, 12'X20" trex deck, bath, kitchen & all appliances, including driveway & metal roof came in at just over $50,500 in Southern Oregon."

"We were the general contractor, but subbed the plumbing, electrical & construction. A friend with our help did all the drywall. We just love it!"

Larry & Bonnie

PS - Nice cottage guys :D Thanks for sending this in. John
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

Always great to see another one done with useful information too.  :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Boatz

What a nice looking little house! Did Larry put a loft in upstairs?

Drew

Brilliant!  Our goal is to work our way up to the 20'x30' plan.  The cost information is great (especially since it agrees with my thumbnail estimate :) ) and the pictures are very inspiring.  I'd live to hear and see more!

Oregon Larry

In Response. Even though we used a 10/12 pitch roof we decided not to put in a loft    but we did put in a fold down ladder to the attic, We put in a plywood floor for Storage and because we used W-style Trusses we can stand up & have about  6' of floor space 30 ft. long. With the large windows & curtains up top the Tax Accessor was convinced we had a loft until we brought him inside.  I'll try & post some more pics of the interior of the house now that I got a new laptop for Xmas. My wife Bonnie is a retired kitchen designer; so you will not believe the kitchen we have in a 600 square ft. cottage. Larry

Boatz

interior pics would be great, Larry! I look forward to it...

[cool]

deertracks

Nice looking house... great value for your money!!!
Can't wait to see the inside. It's great to have interior ideas for small spaces.

ArtMaybee

It's a shame no interior pics were ever posted.
I really wanted to see the kitchen.

John Raabe

I tried to see if I could find the email address for the owner. It must have been ordered under another name as I couldn't find any information on Larry Costa in our database. I don't think he ever joined the forum as he would have posted to this thread I expect.

MikeOnBike

Looks like he posted as 'Oregon Larry'.  There is an email address in that profile.

Homesick Gypsy

I contacted Larry and he forwarded interior photos, which I have forwarded to John (I think).  Hopefully, they'll be uploaded soon.  It's a beautiful home. [cool]

John Raabe

I have some photos here and have uploaded a slideshow using the free Google Picasa 3.

Here is the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/countryplans/LarryS20X30SingleStoryInteriorPhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSOr7vpsc_c7gE#
Click the slideshow button in the upper left.

Post here if you have a problem seeing these images.

Sassy

They've done a really nice job on the house   :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free