Buying remote Kentucky land

Started by pale horse, August 24, 2011, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pale horse

We are looking at a parcel of land around 40 acre for the asking sum of 50.000 in west remote Kentucky.I am sure I can get it for 35.000 cash out right as the need the money bad and sound like he dropped the price 5.000 with just one phone call. It has lots of trees pear and blueberry & strawberry pants. Nut trees and was told that it has never been surveyed. The next door land got surveyed and had quit a bit of extra land as it turned out. I guess it was did this way to keep taxes done in those remote areas. I been looking for other land around the state and most people want 2.000 to 10.000 a acre depending where it is. I want remote land where there is no building rules.I plan to build a small stick cabin and then start my large home built out of rock using the slip form style of building. I wanted to have a end of the house with a complete fire place in one end of the living room and a full upstairs but with large ports to let the heat rise from the fire place. There is no elec on this land and it would cost about 5.000 for poles and so forth to bring across the river. I had planned in the long run to sub divide 25 acres in 5 acre plots to sell to like minded people who wanted to raise gardens and live semi off the grid. I have looked at smaller plots for say 20.000 for 10 acre plots but not so many are as remote as I would like. I still have kids and they have to go to school too. My wife works in the health field and would have around 30 to 50 mile trips to work by car . This counts up on gas and wear on cars I just wanted to know what people thought about buying so much acres as you get so much more when you buy larger plots. Kim ???

grover