Christmas gift relevant to our passion?

Started by FrankInWI, December 31, 2007, 10:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankInWI

Did you get anything for Christmas relevant to building and DIY ?   

I had a Christmas Greeting stuck in my door upon my arrival for Christmas.  Boy....they don't miss a beat!  Got to give the devil his due...

god helps those who help them selves

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Keep in mind that allowing the assessor to view your property is always with your permission only.  There is no law that says you ever have to allow them onto your property.

Building inspectors can get a court order if something you have done is affecting your neighbors or a hazard to the public.  Assessors don't have that right.

It may or may not be to your advantage.  Just of interest to know where they stand as they will imply that they can walk all over you.  Their non-rights is the reason for the courtesy note.

Geez -- they even call it a service.  Hi, we're here from the assessors office and we're here to help you - similar to a quote a friend once mentioned.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tanya

I didn't get any gifts that help with building but I did find my staple gun when I was putting away the xmas crap.  I lost it when I was decorating so I have been freaking out about where it could be.  I have to know where my tools are or it just drives me crazy and the staple gun and hammer are especially sensitive items.  So I am delighted to have everything in it's proper place.
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.