20x32 Universal Plans in So. California

Started by cedarglen, December 19, 2009, 01:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedarglen

We've been building the Universal Two Story for nearly three years now. We have worked 63 twelve hour days and are ready for our "combo inspection". Basically it is me and my dad (or sometimes my wife) just loading the truck up with materials and heading up the hill to our site which is an hour and a half away. We work about one day every other week. We sub contracted the foundation out, the rest has just been us. Our building site is in the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California. We had a house on this lot before a forest fire burnt the house down. The original house was 20x32. We cut the 20x34 plans down to 20x32 because the county didn't require the survey and forgave the plan check fees if we kept the house in our original "footprint". They are also being cool about our slow progress since we were fire victims.
Our Floor Plans:

Below is a pictutre before the fire.

After the fire

After we subbed out the old foundation removal, disposal, excavation, septic, foundation forming and pouring ($16,000 total)

55 Days Later:

63 days of labor and $17,700 worth of materials later:

Currently we have our plumbing and electrical roughed in, we're finishing up our siding. I'll post more pictures later.
Chuck

devildog

I had a house burn as well, not fun. but it looks like you ve got it all worked out,and it looks great. congradulations!

Can we see more pics?
Darrell
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

glenn kangiser

Great that your county is working with you that way. :)

Our little tiny county building department said they would, then nailed the fire victims full bore.

We sent the weaselly parasite building director packing a couple months ago.  Hopefully the next one will be better.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.