Glenn's Underground Cabin Update

Started by glenn kangiser, January 30, 2005, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 01, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
I should have known.... ummm ...yessss, Love it with ketchup..... [waiting]

Dang it, PEG... I meant I was using it while eating breakfast.... [ouch]

I figured you used lots of syrup and butter!!  :) Ketchup goes on eggs and french fry's, maybe roasted spuds.    :)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

An interesting app for the Android called Printershare allows the Note to print directly to a wireless printer without going through a computer or to use a printer attached to a computer.  Not sure what all I can print but it looks like I will be able to print almost anything.  [noidea'

Test page prints for free then to do real printing it is $12.95 for the full version.  A small price for the added functionality I think. [idea]

I printed the Ken Kern CBRI Light Duty Concrete Floor PDF John and I worked on complete with the illustration.  No problem.  [cool]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: PEG688 on April 01, 2012, 09:03:31 PM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 01, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
I should have known.... ummm ...yessss, Love it with ketchup..... [waiting]

Dang it, PEG... I meant I was using it while eating breakfast.... [ouch]

I figured you used lots of syrup and butter!!  :) Ketchup goes on eggs and french fry's, maybe roasted spuds.    :)

I can see you are not going to let me off easy on this one, PEG.  [ouch]

Ketchup on eggs... [scared]

I think not......

Ketchup on hash browns, sausage and Android Samsung Notes maybe.....  [waiting]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

Oh ya , ketchup on scrambled eggs , is a New England thing I guess. Mayo's good on roasted potatoes ,  and chicken.  Ketchup on  scrambled eggs only, and  french fries  or  ham!  But never   [slap] on breakfast sausage.  Or any of  Apple's  products , or even real Apples for that matter.    rofl   

glenn kangiser

Now jist a cotton pickin minit there PEG.

Ketchup is especially yummy on chicken apple breakfast  sausage. Sets it right off....
[hungry]

MountainDon

Ketchup on scrambled eggs? Dang right!! 

Mayo is also great on french fries, BTW.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

arrrrgggghhhhh Mayo is not good on anything .....Miracle Whip on fish and artichokes  d*

Ketchup on fries ....and a bunch of salt .....  :o

rick91351

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 02, 2012, 12:25:01 AM
arrrrgggghhhhh Mayo is not good on anything .....Miracle Whip on fish and artichokes  d*

Ketchup on fries ....and a bunch of salt .....  :o

Sorry Glenn my artichokes require Mayo!!
I feel all you guys are way over board on ketchup.
My wife says I have turned into a salsa freak.  I don't have a clue what she is talking about.  She puts up about 21 quarts in September it is all gone by May - June for sure.  Tabasco sauce I can work in to most everything..............I even had to make a pilgrimage to Avery Island where they bottle it.  WOW talk about thread drift.....from Glenn's Underground Cabin [waiting]  I have to admit I love it.....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

glenn kangiser

Funny you should mention thread drift, Rick... WoW.... you can learn about anything here at the underground complex. [noidea'

Seems you need to start growing your tomatoes early and double the salsa output.

....butt... Tobasco, hot peppers and my posterior have a bit of a difference of opinion on the usefulness of them.... [waiting]

rick91351

My friend about the hot peppers
Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 02, 2012, 09:19:56 AM
Funny you should mention thread drift, Rick... WoW.... you can learn about anything here at the underground complex. [noidea'

Seems you need to start growing your tomatoes early and double the salsa output.

....butt... Tobasco, hot peppers and my posterior have a bit of a difference of opinion on the usefulness of them.... [waiting]

We actually grow so many tomatoes and types of tomatoes that we have a huge abundance go to waste.  But one thing about our area, tomatoes really do not crop until August and everyone is burnt out by the end September.  They have been canned, juiced, salsaed, paisted, stewed, dried.  We have two nice sized dehydrators going for a couple months with all sorts of stuff.  By the end of September we have around here have gorged ourselves on tomatoes to the point where we avoid others for fear they might try and give us a bag of tomatoes.

As far as the problem with Tobasco, and hot peppers.  I think callouses can grow in  n* AHHH! strange places or burn out the nerves or......  ??? [waiting]  Well how is other things going at the Complex......

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 02, 2012, 12:25:01 AM

I grew up with Miracle Whip. That's what Mom always used. Then I was introduced to Hellman's Mayonnaise about the time I was 30. I fell in love with it. Haven't touched MW since. And if anyone has not tried mayo on french fries they are missing out. 

Ketchup has it's place but I do love Salsa, especially the El Pinto that's made not far from where we live. If a food doesn't taste better with salsa or green xhili sauce then the food isn't worth eating.

.... funny how our tatse buds all act differently    ;) ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

I also grew up on salad dressing but when I left home I acquired a taste for Mayo and haven't looked back.   Ketchup is something that I can live with or without.  Love tomato products though especially when they are blended with a little hot sauce. 

glenn kangiser

Hate to say this but even though my hydroponics are not much taken care of by me lately, we have a nice bunch of ripe tomatoes up there right now.  :)

....and meanwhile back at the ranch, I got this nice picture of a turkey butt for you to look at...

Not to change the subject but anybody use this tire mounting compound... a heavy thick soap that is thicker and stringier than shortening.

You fill the bead seat in with it on both sides - air it up and refill with the compound as needed until it takes air.  Push extra in the areas where it blows out.

These tires set flat for the last ten years or so but even with cracks they aired up to 75 lbs... [scared]

They are from the 45 foot manlift from the other place.... had to air them up to move it around.

Not pretty but usable....  like me... [waiting]

glenn kangiser

Brought back a major load of unnatural resources from the valley yesterday with the great help of Whitlock. Brought it up on my new Eager Beaver .......[ouch]

Probably about 6 tons of usable steel... now gotta get out and make a place for it, get it off of the trailer and get ready to go get another one.   This is some of the stuff I have saved in case I need it some day since 1974 or so.  Only about half an acre to go. [waiting]

PEG688

I bet the old neighbors are happy!!   ;)

Not sure about the new ones , but I guess Whitty's  about as close a neighbor as you have , so if he was in on the deal him must see some potential in the haul!!      d*

glenn kangiser

The old neighbor is going to buy it and the new neighbor here likes good unnatural resources, so they are probably both happy.  :)

Whitlock has had work for a while from it plus as I decide I may never get time to fix up some of my old projects, I give a few to him and he also gets about anything he may need to use from there also.  All in all we all make out pretty well.  [ouch]

Even the thieves have noticed the stuff leaving so they have been in pretty much of a frenzy to try to steal as much as they can before we get it all moved.... damn dopers.   >:(   

It's kind of a standard thing across the state, but worse down there in the valley. 

glenn kangiser

Finding more about the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 International version.  It has GLONASS GPS along with American GPS.  Not sure if the ATT version has it or not.  I don't think so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLONASS

What does this mean?  [noidea'

It means that the GPS on the phone actually works.... [ouch]

I tried every upgrade on my Galaxy S ATT American version and could never get the GPS to work except very intermittently then it would lose you in the middle of the road.

This one not only does not lose you but it knows when you are inside buildings and which direction you are looking if the phone is in line with the direction you are looking.  As fast as I could turn in a circle almost it rotated my direction of view.  Unparallelled clarity of Google maps and navigation.  Took us to a Radio Shack for a Radar Detector within feet of the store on the way home, and we had never been there.  Entered at the back wall from the street and circled the building in the parking lot... yup - exactly where it should be.  :)

Great to have something that works good now, even if we needed Russian technology to make it work.  [waiting]

Sadly most of us feel that our country is the most advanced around.  Sorry to say... that is no longer the case.  The advanced technology we may have is now most of the time being manufactured overseas due to reduced labor rates.  My friend in India - $269.00 a month for 14 hours per day 30 days per month.... (officially 24 days but must work 30 to keep his job) -Software Engineer friend working for General Electric.  We just need to drop our view of our self worth and our corporations will return our jobs.  :)

Russia put an import tariff on phones that do not support their system so many companies are including GLONASS and I look for more in the future.  Nice we can benefit from something that actually works.   ;D

Sassy

Glenn made me a believer  c*  Ordered my phone today - it's on its way  :)  My other good cell phone totally crashed & AT&T couldn't do anything to make it work again...  I was so disgusted - it was past the year warranty by a couple weeks & I wasn't about to sign up for another 2 yr contract to get a new phone & even w/my phone insurance through them it was gonna cost me $125, soooo  I bought me a $20 Go Phone, trouble is, I cant read anything on it even w/my glasses.

Everything on this "Note" phone is big enough for us more "mature" folks  ;D to read & the GPS is incredible!  Anyway, don't mean to advertise, but I like it & can't wait until it gets here so I can play w/it  :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

rick91351

I still stand on men do not ask for directions nor use map apps.   The shame of it all......   :o :-X 

glenn kangiser

I can give you the men don't ask for directions, Rick, but GPS and Maps... the coolness of it all.... [cool]  You can pretend you knew where you were going all the time..... [ouch]

.... but now  trains.... they always go to the same place don't they? [noidea'

rick91351

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 07, 2012, 05:28:55 PM
I can give you the men don't ask for directions, Rick, but GPS and Maps... the coolness of it all.... [cool]  You can pretend you knew where you were going all the time..... [ouch]

Okay!  So long as we can act as if we knew where we were going!  And sort of acting like we are checking the do-dad so see how correct these new fangled things are.........  [cool]  I can agree with that.......

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 07, 2012, 05:28:55 PM
.... but now  trains.... they always go to the same place don't they? [noidea'

No not always!

glenn kangiser

Hmm.. I suppose there is not too much explaining your way out of that one, eh?  .... Nuthin' like doing it big....

I worked on an excavator with a shear - put A/C on it as it was working on an extended job cutting up a train that got loose on El Cajon and ended up off the tracks in Fontana? maybe... somewhere over there......  probably early 90's.

May have been this one in 1989 as I was installing for Saf-T-Cab at that time.  Seems a bit to far toward San Bernardino though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bernardino_train_disaster

rick91351

Cajon has a long storied history with the western railroads.  I remember that runaway.  Then there was another soon after that or just before a piece of equipment caught a rail and widened the gauge and derailed another train there close by.       

Trona - or Soda Ash is a mess when it derails.  Sort of like a blizzard.     

glenn kangiser

I drove I-15 there many times in my 18 wheeler.  A good long grade for trucks too.  [ouch]

Sent a pix in via my new phone to my Photobucket account and it was here for your viewing pleasure tonight when I got in. Near dark so I think the quality will be better in the daytime. :)

Note the high quality craftsmanship, the steel sheets, door latch and rubber hinges shot on with ringshank nails via a nailgun.  No labor or expense was spared for these fine high class Barred Rock chicks.   [waiting]

Note that the studs on the left were nailed directly to the high ribs on the old pen via the nail gun too.  Ringshank nails hold pretty good when shot through a piece of tin ......  [cool]

Sassy

I think the chicks are gonna like their new digs  :)

And I ran the weed eater for several hours today, watered everything & did a couple loads of laundry. 

Oh, fixed Glenn a big breakfast, maybe that's why he had so much energy  :)  Fixed apple sausage, eggs & hash browns.  Picked a few asparagus out of the garden & steamed them & also gave him 1/2 a grapefruit to eat.  He had to ruin the sausage by covering it w/ketchup  :P   [waiting]  We had pumpkin pie for dinner  d*

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free