domestic terrorists?

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, February 17, 2008, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

I read an article earlier this afternoon on MSN (I'll have to see if I can find it again) about profiling domestic terrorists.  There were three "threat groups" including religious, youth movements, and something else... I think environmentalists were in there somewhere, too.    The theory is that religious groups attack at sunrise, youth during the evening, and environmentalists in the middle of the night.  Anyway, the guy doing the research on said "domestic terrorists" was at OU (University of Oklahoma) and one of the so-called terrorist groups he mentioned was the "Oklahoma Constitutional Militia," which he said had been broken up.  I wondered what was so terroristic about a constitutional militia, so I googled on it, and came up with their website and saw nothing that set off any alarms at all... they were supposedly a "religious" terroristic group.  Tell me... why are our tax dollars probably helping fund this guy's research?  Why isn't he profiling the likes of Seung-hui Cho and Timothy McVeigh?  Wonder what the Oklahoma Constitutional Militia did that was supposedly terroristic?  Was also miffed that by this guy's definition, all pro-lifers are automatically lumped in with "religious terrorists", whether or not they commit terrorist acts because they are against abortion... they have the potential to do harm.... don't we all? (And in my way of thinking, people who condone, practice, or support abortion cause more terror for the unborn than pro-lifers for those of us who weren't aborted, per capita.)   I just thought the whole thing was ignorant.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, tried to go back and find the article and couldn't and have to get back to work.... guess folks have to have SOMETHING to research.  I don't know... it just rubbed me the wrong way.  Seemed like there were a lot of generalizations, namely, religious=dangerous zealot and young= skinhead punk, and conservation-minded= tree-huggin' nut job. 

ScottA

Terrorist is just a lable they place on people they don't like. Skinhead or nut job are no different. I'm sure the Iraqi people think we are the terrorists. It's all about spin, how you spin an issue can make it popular or unpopular. This so called research you read is probly paid propaganda.

Homegrown Tomatoes

It honestly would not surprise me if it is paid propaganda... I read another article a week or two ago about how people should look for women wearing "pregnancy prosthetics" as terrorists, and then the article proceeded to show how it would work, etc.  Supposedly it was a classified document meant for law enforcement only, but was widely published on the internet on mainstream media sites.... IF it really was a classified document, then the media would be totally wrong for publishing it, but then again, if it was really a classified document, why would they publish it with the disclaimer at both the top and bottom of the article that it was for law enforcement only and not to be dispersed to anyone else?  (C'mon, like the terrorists wouldn't already know that they could hide a bomb inside a fake "pregnant" belly??  The only reason to publish it was to promote fear and to make people willing to give up more of their liberties!)  I would probably be lumped in with the religious nut jobs in the OU guy's "research".

MountainDon

Much of what you read published on the internet especially is placed there by someone with an agenda. IMO more than likely not a government sponsored effort, but being done because it's spectacular, responds to or causes public fear, feeds the authors ego and special agenda, etc. etc.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

...and much is government sponsored -- all new Bin Laden tapes (scare the sheeple so they will want us to protect them )-- as with this domestic terrorist stuff. Bird Flu (Rumsfeld - others) benefit from gov. purchase of unused worthless medicine.

Homegrown, you fit the profile -- I'm sure you are loaded.  :)

Here is a group of very scary domestic terrorists.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Going to vote this morning... exercise my rights.  Sometimes I wonder if it still matters, though.  DH is going to vote on his way home today... he's frustrated that this is his first time to get to vote in a presidential primary and he already wonders if his vote will even matter.  Sometimes I wonder if the ballots are ever even counted... :-\  Getting really discouraged with politics in this country these days.  Guess I need to run for office of some sort if I want things to change... I probably wouldn't be very popular, though.

glenn kangiser

Tell Lyon, welcome the the real America -- the one that comes with the understanding of how the system REALLY works.

Will his vote really matter -- a look at the above picture will tell him that his questioning is justified.

If you see anybody smiling in the above picture it is because they are profiting from the system.  It is not because they are nice friendly people with the interest of the common man at heart. 

How do they view the little people?  Dubya's mommy said it best.  She is a speaker for the attitude of the elite.  Most don't talk about it, but with senility setting in she doesn't have sense to keep her mouth shut when she should. 
Remember that she is one who instilled values in dubya's little mind-- the part that survived the cocaine and alcohol. (Google it)

Quote"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths.  It's not relevant.  So why should I waste my beautiful mind on things like that?"

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/barbara.asp 

"This is so much better than they ever had at home- even when it wasn't flooded with disease and filth," said Bush. "Look at them up there, sitting in box seats they'd never be able to afford normally. This is clearly working out very well for them. It's too bad we can't keep them here, you know. I'm sure they'll be very sad when they're forced to leave."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/barbara2.asp

http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1406  This is a good one.  Don't forget to feed the dogs.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Some interesting stuff in this article along the lines of preparations for world gov't with sociology & psychiatry in forming world views - kinda goes along with "domestic terrorists", Barbara Bush's life philosophy... 
H.G.Wells "War of the Worlds" the psychology of panic... 

By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
February 11, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

[Note: Regarding my recent article mentioning Benazir Bhutto's December 27, 2007 assassination, in a November 2, 2007 interview with David Frost she mentioned that an earlier assassination attempt by a former military officer connected with Omar Sheikh, "the man who murdered Osama bin Laden." Have you heard the power elite-controlled American press or media mention this? Bhutto was the woman the U.S. State Department wanted to become Prime Minister of Pakistan. Now why would the U.S. want someone to head Pakistan who has and publicly uses very bad information (Osama's murder) if she was wrong? Or, if she was correct, why would the press and media censor such important news from the American people? Could it be that the power elite doesn't want the public to know Osama's dead because that would decrease interest in the "war on terror"? And could Bhutto's "spilling the beans" have played a role in her own assassination? Concerning another of my recent articles, "The Power Elite's Use of Wars and Crises" (January 28), someone may have gotten the impression that the First World War was planned beginning around 1910. Actually wars are planned by the power elite far in advance, and the First World War, followed by a world government, was planned long before 1910. For example, in 1908 THE JOURNAL OF AMERICAN HISTORY (Vol. 2, No. 4) begins with these words: "'The most fearful war of the century is coming soon. After the war, will come world-peace--the highest development of the race in this cycle.' This is the prediction made a few days ago by a distinguished political economist."]

I was listening to a discussion regarding the Middle East and thought to myself "Don't they understand that what's happening has been planned?" This is not only true in geopolitics (FDR said nothing happened in politics by accident) but in all facets of life. In music in the 1950s and 1960s, rock music didn't just happen by accident. Theodor Adorno and others theorized years earlier how it could change people. Similarly in art, Bertolt Brecht said, "Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it."

Many people are familiar with the impact of the Leipzig and Frankfurt Schools upon society, but relatively few understand the impact of Tavistock. Therefore, this article will look at that organization and how it has shaped/planned our lives and the course of the world.

The name Tavistock is associated with human relations and psychiatry (see statue of Freud in front of Tavistock Institute). Charles Dickens (who had written of "pencils of light," which is similar to the term "points of light") moved to Tavistock House in October 1951. Tavistock is an area in southwest Devon in England, but the story begins elsewhere.

The term "psychiatry" was first used in 1808 by Johann Christian Reil, and it means "doctoring of the soul." The primary schools of psychiatry were established in the early 1800s in Leipzig and Berlin.
  con't at link below... 
http://www.newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis122.htm

also this video http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/278.html  "Papa Bush & Medical Genocide"
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Homegrown Tomatoes

Interesting read on the  first one... the video was also interesting but doesn't surprise me too much.  Even when I had my second daughter, there  were some comments made by the doctor and staff that kind of had me wondering, and that was only three and a half years ago.  We had such a hard time conceiving this child, I almost wondered if the doctor had done something to me to cause problems.  It gives me chills to think about it.  The doctor had made some comment about us having too many kids or something... can't remember what the exact comment was, but in essence it had to do with race and the amount of money we didn't have at the time.  I told her she was a bit hypocritical since she had six kids herself, three of whom were born while she and her husband were both in med school, and you know good and well they hadn't been any better off financially then than we were.  Hmmm.... lots to think on.

Sassy

When I was pregnant with my youngest son (he's 26 y/o) the doctor asked me if I wanted to keep the pregnancy...  I looked at him like he was crazy - couldn't believe he would ask me something like that - sure, we were poor, but always made do, never was on any handouts - I had a friend who kept telling me about WIC - I thought it was welfare so never signed up -wish I'd checked into what it was all about - I could barely buy groceries or pay for the doctor bills - we didn't have health insurance for 1 1/2 yrs after I had him - I worked several parttime jobs during that time with no benefits...

You look at the drugging of our children - my oldest son (he's 29) was kicked out of kindergarten  :o - he was too active - they told me he needed to be on medication - placed him on ritalin for a month - by the 3rd week he was barking like a dog - sounds funny but it wasn't - that's when the Tourette's came out - the medication supposedly doesn't cause it but it sure brought out a full-blown case at 5 y/o - we took him off the medication immediately.  He was on other stuff through the years - Haldol, which is terrible stuff - but I didn't know much about meds back then - just believed what the doc's & psychiatrists told me...   d*  The drugging of America  >:(  Part of the plan... 

Homegrown Tomatoes

I have a feeling if my oldest was in public school, there would probably come a day when the school was trying to sell me on some drugs for her.  When she's good, she's very good, but when she's bad....

Homegrown Tomatoes

DH was telling me about a guy at work today who really liked Ron Paul but wasn't going to vote for him because he "doesn't have a chance of winning" and it made me really wonder how many people voted for McCain or someone else because Paul doesn't "have a chance".  If all of them voted their conscience rather than worrying about voting for the winning candidate, he might have a chance.  It frustrates me that the chances of getting someone like Ron Paul into office are sabotaged by good-intentioned people who somehow think they're doing what's best by voting to play party politics rather than voting for the one who is right for the job.  Sometimes looking at the state of this country makes me want to withdraw from society, live in holes, and wear live animals for hats. :-[

Sassy

Yeah, it really makes you want to shake the person who is saying that & say "wake up"!  My brother & I were talking about Ron Paul with my sister around Christmas time - she kept saying, "he won't win, you'd just be throwing your vote away"  my brother & I kept saying "if everyone thinks that way of course he won't, but you have to vote for the person who morally, historically, etc represents your values & ideals"  she was getting really upset at us, kept saying he wasn't going to win & that would let the other side win...  my brother finally said "we better just change the subject"...  she & her husband don't have a clue & get really upset if you question Bush or our gov't... they think they are being patriotic & "Christian" supporting Bush because Bush & some of the others mouth a few "Christian" words... I send her lots of "propaganda" but I think she & her husband think we are a bit "eccentric"  [noidea'

n74tg

Speaking of Ron Paul...does anybody know anything about the magazine "The New Republic".  Our library gets the mag and the January, 08 edition has a less than complimentary article about the bigoted past of Ron Paul. 

The little I've heard about Ron Paul has been positive, but the magazine article isn't. 

So, does anybody know much about the magazine?
My house building blog:

http://n74tg.blogspot.com/

glenn kangiser

I haven't heard of it but I live in the ground and mostly get my media from the net. ::)

Sassy

I've read a bit about it-there were some copies at the hospital someone had left in the waiting room.  It seemed to be pretty "far right" in other words, neo-con in some respects.  They don't like Ron Paul...  There was one or 2 articles written years ago by staff for his little news letter - it had some racial slurs in it - that is the only dirt that I've ever read on Ron Paul & I've read a lot...  he didn't write the article/articles but because it was in a newsletter he was putting out, he takes responsibility for it...  states he should have been more careful to read everything that went out in them...  so, besides the total media blackout, they have that little tidbit to pull out.  He was a member of the John Birch society - but in my recent readings about them & what they stand for, they don't seem too bad.  Actually, I've heard a couple speakers who are leaders in the JB society & they are for going back to the Constitution, giving people their freedoms, etc.