Hardiplank...board

Started by pioneergal, January 04, 2007, 07:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneergal

DH and I have been saving and buying up some of the Hardiplank siding. We should have all that we need need very soon (this week we hope) and then we'll be ready to start the siding phase of our build.
We are going to use the 8" x 12' Colonial RS (Rough Sawn).
The first 2 1/4" is a smooth texture and the remaining has a sawn texture apperance.

We have read and studied the directions for the proper application of the Hardi but to be honest we are concerned that we may mess up the process.

Has anyone on the forum ever used the Hardie Siding and if so do you have any helpful hints or ideas that would help us to do a decent job.

Pioneergal

glenn-k

glenn-k

My pleasure.  Just get the first one straight, make and use  the little stick jig as pictured, follow the tips, and you are on your way.

MountainDon

Gads Glenn! You just seem to have the answer to darn near everything at your fingertips.  ;D(I said almost everyhting, don't want any swelled heads around here.) ;) You must've been round here a while.   And I thank you for the link; I'm leaning in the Hari-plank direction myself.

glenn-k

Been here since John asked me to answer a couple questions about the Underground Complex.  He screwed up.  Forgot to ask me where the off switch was.

Done a little of everything, Mountain Don, at least enough to be dangerous.  I think I may have ADD ---- I get bored easily but like to learn enough about anything I do to be fairly decent at it.  

I don't like others to be able to get me by the short hair, so I try to learn any job that I see someone do or hire someone to do.  I figure if I can't learn it the first time they show me, I wasn't paying attention.

Dragging things out of the cobwebs of my mind sometimes gets to be a real chore.  Believe me --- you don't want to go there --- it's a scary place. :-?

MountainDon

I really do appreciate your knowledge as well as your sense of humor!  :) As for ADD, being of the generation before all these newfangled acronyms, I'm certain we're in the same camp.  :o I don't know how I made it through school. I like new things, but can't stand being bored. I do believe I've  passed that gene on to the progeny, for better or worse.

Totally away from the subject, whatever it was, Me and my Jeep and some like minded friends are going to go play in the unprecedented snow tommorrow. I hope to surface by nightfall.

desdawg

I have that same yearning for learning. That is why I started hanging out here once I found my way.
Fella told me one time that my mind was like a dark alley in a bad neighborhood. You just don't want to go in there alone.

glenn-k

There is strength in numbers desdawg.  Maybe we can handle them if we stick together. :-/ :)

glenn-k

Sense of humor--Me, Mountain Don?

My wife told me I was funny, I was happy - me the funny guy everyone enjoys being around, but then she added -- "Don't get a big head about it--looks aren't everything." :(

Hope you enjoy the snow. :)

Amanda_931

Add me to the want to know a bit about everything crowd.   ;)

MountainDon

Hope you enjoy the snow. :)

Had a good time! Got to be something wrong with ya when ya go out on purpose to drive a trail where there's been a general snowfall amount of 25 inches. Had a ball tho'. But I'd hate to have to do this to get to work every day.  ;D