20x44 with 8 foot shed roof on the back

Started by mattjsparacio, December 10, 2015, 05:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjsparacio

I almost didn't post a thread because as the planning process went on, the house got bigger and bigger.  Not sure if this house fits the norm for this forum.  I decided to share because I have received a lot of inspiration from this forum and I'm hoping to pass that along.

Block going in.

mattjsparacio

mattjsparacio

mattjsparacio

mattjsparacio

NathanS

Great job. Thank you for posting.

Are you planning to leave the slab exposed as your flooring?

Your house is bigger than what we're planning, but if I was building today it would be the 20x34 universal with block foundation and slab poured into an insulation basin. Also planning to have a mud room entry like yours, but would only run 6 or 8 x 12.

Very helpful to see all these similarities.

Ozarkhomesteaders

Wow very nice place, great work.  This one will be neat to follow and post many pictures for us, please.  What kind of flooring are you going with on the first floor?  Welcome to the forum!! Thanks for sharing.
Josh
Ozarkhomesteaders

mattjsparacio

The house is designed to capture heat from the south facing windows.  The first floor is going to remain concrete.  I wanted to just do an acid stain but my wife wanted the look of wood (darn pinterest).  I will be doing a multi step process using polymer stains to create a wood floor appearance. 

mattjsparacio

Quote from: NathanS on December 10, 2015, 07:07:46 PM

Your house is bigger than what we're planning

When we started planning and saving to do this 7 years ago the house was much smaller.  Three children and three dogs later, our house grew significantly.