10x14 storage shed

Started by NathanS, November 05, 2015, 07:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanS

More progress... most (all?) of the battens are ripped.. had a chance to put up 4 of them on the one wall to get an idea of how it will look.

Should move quickly now...

NathanS

Got a bunch of batten up today. The wreath is from our neighbors that have been unbelievably kind to us.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Arizona Highlander

Gathering info here on Country Plans while in awe of other members skills.
Goal is to start a small 15x15 in the Spring of 2015.

NathanS

Thanks, I'm happy with how everything turned out.

The exterior is pretty much done now. We will stain/paint to match the house next summer.

I want to improve the security on the hinges. I'm thinking of using one-way screws.

Next up is making better latches for all the doors and windows, and the making shelving and a workbench.

I think I could build interior latches so that even if the hinges were removed by a thief, the doors and windows would still be hard to pull out. I couldn't do that for the main entry door, though...

Squirl

rick91351

Quote from: Squirl on February 19, 2016, 12:20:19 PM
Looks like a quality shed.

Squirl where the heck have you BEEN?  Just passin' through or styin' a bit?  Have been wondering about you .... 'Humbly' Rick
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.