Caught me another one

Started by peternap, April 02, 2008, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Would the bears like to feed off the trespassers?

Might be fun to have a loud recording of a bear coming through the trees activated by a motion sensor. Might mess up some of the 4 legged pictures though.  :-\
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Glad you registered Don. Look at some of the other forums. They are as serious about game photography as we are about building. Good people too!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Willy

Great shot my Daughter bought a Game Camera and put it out where she dumps carcusas from game people brings over to skin in her tanning buisness. You can see eagels, coyoites ect having a feast. All that is left is bones in a short time. Mark

MountainDon

Peter, I asked once what camera you used. You told me. I'm asking again.  d*
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Sorry Don. I have a bunch and they change from year to year.

Last years favorite (and the ones that these pictures were taken with) were Stealth I450's.

I haven't decided on this years but I am looking hard at a new 5meg Stealth that just came out. These aren't all that expensive as higher end camera's go, but that isn't always the best indicator of a camera's worth. I'm going to talk to Stealth tomorrow. I'll let you know.

NM_Shooter

Has anyone ever stolen the game camera?

What is the range on the sensor?  Can you set it up so that it is fairly far from the area being photographed?
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 02, 2008, 10:39:48 PM
Has anyone ever stolen the game camera?

What is the range on the sensor?  Can you set it up so that it is fairly far from the area being photographed?

No, I haven't ever had one stolen but have had them turned off. When a camera dies, I use it as a Judas camera with another on it. Most are so well hidden, it would be impossible to see it. This camera and one further on are not hidden though.

The range varies with the temperature.  50 yards is about the longest usable distance.

Homegrown Tomatoes

The photos of your tresspasser are hilarious... he definitely looks caught!  I'd post them around town and ask if anyone could tell me who he was... you know, put one up on the bulletin board at the post office like a Wanted Dead or Alive poster.   ;D

gandalfthegrey

Would these be wireless cameras?  How do you access them?
Bad Wolf

peternap

Quote from: gandalfthegrey on April 03, 2008, 10:59:44 AM
Would these be wireless cameras?  How do you access them?

No, they record on SD Ram. I just swap it out once in a while and stick the chip in my computer. You can also do a cable hookup to the camera...but that's a lot of trouble.

peternap

Quote from: Homegrown Tomatoes on April 03, 2008, 10:39:44 AM
The photos of your tresspasser are hilarious... he definitely looks caught!  I'd post them around town and ask if anyone could tell me who he was... you know, put one up on the bulletin board at the post office like a Wanted Dead or Alive poster.   ;D

I'll know who he is by days end.

I had another one on camera late last year. I charged him.

He had the nerve to tell the judge it wasn't him until the judge showed him the picture ;D

MountainDon

Quote from: peternap on April 03, 2008, 12:58:26 PM
He had the nerve to tell the judge it wasn't him until the judge showed him the picture ;D
I would've loved to see that!!  rofl

Redoverfarm

PN is that the same guy on foot that was in the truck last year? Some resemblence.

peternap

Nope. Not the same person. It might be a relative though. There are a bunch of those Watsons in the area.

Redoverfarm

peternap

That is funny. I've thought about putting together a good video cam for a long time. The boards aren't too expensive. I just have to find the time.

NM_Shooter

I can't help but provide my own narration... I betch he was thinking:

Initially:  "I wonder if I could steal or shoot that thing and just keep on hunting!"

Then..."I wonder if there is another camera that is photographing me stealing that thing!  I better go....

Does anyone make a camera that is controlled by a small RF transmitter?

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"